The Great Like Experiment of 2017

If you are just clicking through the link in the hamburger menu, it defaults to the last week’s data only. Click the date range to change to all time for more complete stats.

Timex and I wildly fluctuate between circle-jerking each other over killing Nazis and furiously arguing whether or not conservatism is a tool of Satan himself. If there were Dislikes, I suspect we’d also top each other’s respective lists for those ;-)

<3 ya, @Timex@

But that’s where I keep my concert photos, and because I have no visual imagination whatsoever, photographs of times that made me happy are my only way of really remembering them please don’t delete my pictures :( :( :(

wait you can get achievements for this? This changes everything.

There are achievements/trophies in default Discourse, but they have been disabled in this instance.

Why am I not surprised that there would be metrics attached to likes.

If you ever find yourself wondering why a certain thing exists in Discourse… This is probably the reason, unfortunately.

oh dont be silly - Thats just there so that we can tell at a glance who is worth listening to.

I predict, come election time, @triggercut will sky rocket in the polls.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with that, as long as the behavior it’s driving leads to what I personally consider to be a better forum.

It’s only been a very short time, but likes have not had a positive effect here. Nor a negative one, I admit-- most people don’t realize they exist. But I have seen them have a markedly negative effect elsewhere.

Guys, please. Throw me some likes. my LPP is down significantly.

SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!

Dance, monkey! Dance for your like!

I find your efforts … adequate. One like for you!

HEADLINE

FORUM “LIKES” FORCE ASPIRING YOUNG RESEARCHER TO ABANDON SCIENCE, IDEALS, IN FAVOR OF CHEAP GIF-BASED ENTERTAINMENT IN SEARCH OF APPROVAL

Read more after the jump!

I take it you got that one from Leslie Knope.

Damn, I didn’t realize how free I was with likes. I mean, I am not as easy with likes as @Pod seems to be, but still…

It is like I can breathe again. Though, I will need my next fix soon enough. I am the like-pire. I subsist on the likes of the living and despise garlic.

No, Armando, I did not do this by choice. But, this new condition has forced me to forgo my career in research to feed my insatiable hunger. It all happened when I was bitten nary a few weeks ago by Mark Zuckerberg, the like-dracula.

I would like to change my previous position, and now say that Likes are of critical importance, and those opposed to them are literally worse than Hitler.

(I am winning the whole fucking forum!)

I would be winning too, but … my controller is broken. The left stick isn’t centered properly.

Now I just feel used and dirty.

Wait… I gave more likes than I received, that means I’m a sucker!