The Guild 3 - Now Available

This is series is one I keep wanting to be amazing, but always turns out to be bug riddled messes.

If you filter the date to only very recent reviews, you can see they are still heavily mixed. The feeling seems to be ‘like Guild 2, but less content and buggier’.

So basically I’m waiting for someone else here to be the guinea pig. :)

Eesh.

Yeah I guess it’s being compared to the ‘Renaissance’ edition, which included extra content from a bunch of patches and the Pirates expansion.

3 is a shameless money grab. Just play 1 or 2, they still hold up. I fire up a new save every year or so, there’s no other game that does what those 2 do.

What would even be the closest thing to it, Crusader Kings? Or maybe games like Tropico?

Maybe something like Farming Simulator? Except Guild games have many careers you can do, not just one.

Sims medieval, which was an experimental Sims release that was more gamelike with goals

The business tycoon market crashed with crapware in the 90s, and after tablets the casual sims that would have been born were f2p nonsense.

Yes! I quite enjoyed that, shame they never did anything else with the spinoff.

I can give my thumbs up for this as well. I really like the goal oriented nature, as I remember.