The I Love Uncle Joe Thread

Sure, but why on earth would I read an article about Joe Biden at CostCo? That’s what I really don’t get. Don’t you people have jobs?

I broke down laughing in the middle of the library. People are scowling and giving me the shush motion.

Biden is wealthy. Good for him. He can buy (or not buy) whatever the hell he wants. Frankly, I think the whole “let’s pretend to be middle class” thing that our elites do is silly beyond belief.

Uh, I’m not really seeing where I’m worshiping rich people (or for that matter where I’m extolling the virtues of simple people). I am making an estimate on what I think “I love Uncle Joe” is meant to mean, and that is projecting onto Joe Biden the idea that he’s just a regular guy not like the other hoity-toity types who one might expect to find in the senate or the executive branch (of course I realize that that’s not a full view of what he’s really like). And I’m pointing out that looking at a $1200 watch doesn’t fit into that Uncle Joe TransAm driving viewpoint.

To be frank, I really don’t see where you’re getting the idea that I worship rich people. Also how is it somehow inappropriate to point out that it’s odd to claim that Joe Biden is just a regular guy that shops at Costco and washes his TransAm by itself and then to also point out that buying a $1200 watch doesn’t quite fit in with that viewpoint? I just don’t see where you’re coming from Houngan or to use your own words, where your irrational hatred is coming from.

Ha, I get what the problem is now. Do you not understand that this whole thread is tongue-in-cheek? Did you really think there was some vast liberal movement to paint Joe Biden as an everyman? Not everyone takes their politicians seriously like, say, Fox News and Sarah Palin.

I have a $1200 watch. I’m by no means rich but I like a decent watch. Does that mean that I’m not allowed to go to your parties or I have to go to some kind of upper class party? Because believe me, they’d never let past the front door.
I’m sure most people here have paid more than $1200 on a couple of game consoles and games. Why look down on someone who would rather invest that in a watch that they could probably sell in 10 years for the same price they bought it?

Also hard to tell from that photo but it looks like Biden uses Android. My respect just went up a lot. :)

My dad had several expensive watches. He wasn’t a rich dude by any means.

And he was just looking at watches in general as near as I can tell. Its like going to buy a car and at the lot is a Dodge Viper and someone says “Bob was looking at cars over at Jim’s Carlot, which includes a Dodge Viper.” Bob bought a used Ram, but there was a Viper on the lot and he looked at it!

Hmm, the expensive watch crowd clearly disagrees with me on whether or not they can become Uncle Joes. So all I have to say is that if wearing an expensive watch while driving your TransAm and picking up cute 17-year olds at the local pie shop (with or without your wife) works for you, I’m very happy to confer Uncle Joe status on you.

I’m not even sure what the hell your point is to be honest.

I can’t believe how many times I heard about Joe’s Costco trip yesterday. It was here, of course. Then got played up on NPR during the drive home. Then it was on the nightly news. There was really no other news fit to cover in that slot?

Rick Klein ‏@rickklein

Television should cover one hour a day of Joe Biden meeting other human beings. I predict high ratings.

I would totally watch that.

Uncle Joe is the greatest schmoozer ever

Holy Mackeral!

LOL! I had a huge grin on my face the whole time watching that.

About the only thing that was missing was Joe grilling some brats and tipping a beer. I am in awe.

Apparently there’s a petition to make Joe Biden’s second term as VP a reality show.

I am wholeheartedly in support of this.

Biden’s best moment:

I keep seeing this every few days and coming back in because I forget it is not about Stalin.