The inevitable thread for Qt3 Solium Infernum multiplayer matches!

Just got home but I’d still like some feedback from the others regarding the setup

Well to hell with you all then 😛

This game shouldn’t be nearly as involved as playing Dominions MP, so we could probably set up another game if you’re interested.

When joining the game enter code 289134

I’ve joined, and have chosen Astaroth. It looks like we can swap around however. Do we want to make this first come, first choice?

Here’s my guide, it’s all you need!

I disagree, because there have been a number of changes and additions to the original.

And belouski, I think first come-first served is the way to go. I’m Belial, btw

I have claimed Persis Khambatta! I mean, Erzsebet!

Thanks Dave! Are y’all planning to running MP games from Discord as well?

It would be interesting if Vic Davis popped into this thread and he was playing!

I’m in!

I’m in as well. Away from computer at present but thankfully it works well enough on the Deck to cover turns and join :)

I’m definitely still learning, but I’m in (as Aultridia).

It says that we’re still missing an Astaroth? (@belouski) One thing that happened to me this morning was that I wanted to exit the MP game, so I clicked “Leave Game”, but that actually dropped me from the MP game entirely. Beware!

Thanks for the tip. That must have been what I did.

I’ve now submitted my first turn. I’ll be on an airplane most of the day, so my second may be delayed as well.

So here’s the lineup:

Belial (myself)
Erzabet (Tom)
Andromalius (PersistentWorld))
Lilith (geggis)
Murmur (Rothda)
Astertoth (belouski)

Let the most devious Archfiend win!

I didn’t get a notification even though it was my turn, so y’all might want to double check in-game to see who’s up (Tom, that would be you)

Shouldn’t it be simultaneous turns? I think we all just play our first turn and the game advances?

Yep, that’s what helps the pacing in this. Otherwise, in a game where you only get two actions, doing a round-robin with six players would take freakin’ forever.

My problem is that I’m already over all the graphics and whatnot, so the loading time is just a PITA at this point. Multiplayer strategy games need to be zippy, especially when they’re play asynchronously. Say what you will about Vic Davis’ use of Adobe middleware back in the olden days when he invented Solium Infernum, but it made it easy to pop in, take a turn, and get on with your life. I can’t say I care for having to wait on League of Geek’s bloated graphics engine to load itself…

Got my second turn in, but packing up my computer for the trip now. I’ll try to get another turn in tonight, since one will likely be ready then. Waiting for the title screen will be extra exasperating at that point I’m sure.

Curses to the party who stole my Praetor. I was doubtful that bidding on one in the first turn was wise, but wasting a bid was definitely worse. I guess I should have known it was risky as my bid was the last to fire. Lesson one has been branded into my brain… at least until I forget and make another risky maneuver when neglecting turn order.

You’re right. I don’t what I was thinking. But I still didn’t get a notification. Anyone else?