The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

Wait, wasn’t their previous fundraising on Fig? How do they divvy up the profits? No, don’t laugh. I’m serious.

Also, these people all belong on the “I hate this guy” thread:

https://www.fundable.com/about

Edit: Looks like Fundable does debt as well as equity funding, so maybe it’s debt as opposed to Fig’s quasi-equity.

I don’t know how they plan to deliver/launch/run the “NFT marketplace” when their stated intended audience finds gameplay concepts, controls of games to be too complex. Maybe the rubes/simpletons/suckers are exactly the only remaining demographic of people who would fall for this?

I love that they’re bosting about 6,000 pre-orders. That’s like a fairly small board game Kickstarter, not a viable console.

Down from 10k before?

The only way I can make the numbers on that page work is if the 6,000 refers only to the direct sales, not the “$25m+ in units” via retailers, which may be where the 10,000 comes from (and of which Intellivision would only be getting a cut).

Ouya seems like the positive outcome at this point.

Ouya launched and wasn’t a scam, at least outright. Why DID they fail?

I wonder what the “request access” as an accredited potential investor allows one access to see? Non-fake numbers? VIP access to Tommy so that he can show up at your local Chuck E. Cheese or bingo hall to demo a unit?

No one wanted to play crappy phone games on their tv.

Totally something a ready-to-ship not-fake company would do, post incorrect 3D renders of their totally-real-coming-soon boxes for non-physical products:

LOL - I’d laugh so hard if they actually went out like that.

Somehow I expected better work from all those “AAA-developers” he’s paying all over 6-figures salaries for.

Intellivision Amico at GamesCom:

Thursday, 20.00 - 22.00 CET (11am - 1pm PST)

Friday, 19.30 - 20.00 CET (10.30am - 11am PST, German language only)

Will they let non-insiders, non-fanboys play it? I’m very curious what a random gamer thinks of how it plays.

I think it may be a pre-recorded “sizzle reel” of (probably) the same footage as before. I’m only there for the trainwreck that is bound to happen afterwards. Oh, it looks like they’re ‘demonstrating’ footage of the same old game “Astrosmash.” Again.

Coverage begins at 1h02m of episode posted 08/24 and goes for about 15min.

If only Chris Roberts was involved in someway and then this thread could cross streams with the Star Citizen one.

It is such a seedy thing to be hiding this. What’s the point?