The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

Intellivision seems to have done the rugpull and stopped responding to all requests for refunds for the last few weeks now.

Also, New York Times author Seth Abramson seems surprised Tommy Tallarico would be so incompetent as to not have updated GameStop on another missed ship date, causing him to be charged $300! Sucker!

You’d think Intellivision could at least give us a Dear Dorks letter so we could have some closure. “This is a very difficult update to write,” blah blah about the pandemic and the challenges and all the great friends and Amicos we made along the way. Are they really going to avoid admitting defeat?

I’m really disappointed in Seth. For believing in the obvious Tallarico scam, for literally buying into it, then being so clueless as to whine about it on Twitter instead of just contacting the company. It makes me question his judgment about everything else he has written.

First Video Games Live concert is tonight in Tacoma, WA.

Wonder if he’ll say anything about Amico.

In the Before Times, he plugged it.

“HIGH DEMAND”

MOOOORRRRROOONIC CULTISTS

Well, since there are zero units available, even a single order is technically “high demand”.
;)

Was hoping someone would do that kind of video.

These seem like stupid basic busywork tasks that are already solved by middleware or with anyone with a plan:

Well, Tommy and crew never had a plan.

Holy shit, they had no fucking idea what they were doing.

"“compose video tutorials to instruct art director how to d velop unity animations”. just so i understand this correctly, the software engineer had to teach mike dietz how to do animations?

learning on the job is fine, but paying the software engineer to spend time teaching the art director seems absurd. does mike dietz not know how to find youtube tutorials, or the amico had so much console wide baggage that they couldn’t animate for it the normal way?"

The charade continues:

The scam continues. New SKUs and price increase. It now costs more than an Xbox Series S and more than an OLED Switch.

To be fair, no upfront deposit required? So if this delivers a substandard product it would still have been delivered (unlike a game that’s been in development hell forever).

It’s a last minute desperate scam tactic to try and juice preorder interest numbers with which they can attempt to attract investment.

The fundamental product with its shit shovelware games remains so they won’t get more than the 5000 they managed over the last 3 years.

But can you get a Series S in wood grain? Hmmmm? Take that you haters!

The value proposition was always a bit dubious but these prices are just stupid.

I had this fake woodgrain faceplate on my Xbox 360, 17 years ago. That should count for something.

Xbox 360 Faceplate Woody https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BO5V4A/

17 years before original Intellivision was 1963, which was not a good year for video games.

Raising the price is a good way to get people with pre-orders to not cancel. Common tactic.