The Juggalo March on Washington

Whoop, whoop, mothefuckers.

It’s pretty amazing to see crow’s feet and other signs aging through the makeup on ICP.

Okay, the “Juggalawyer” with the t-shirt that has the hatchet guy, but with a gavel, is just precious.

I can’t stop looking at Violent J’s messed up teeth.

I’m not a juggalo, but I support the juggalos not being discriminated against by the government just because they like shitty music.
But guess what? This will be a shit show of epic proportions.

Yeah the classification is absolutely bizarre. I have low faith it won’t turn into a mess, but am hoping this is a case of positive civic engagement for them.

Besides this is a group of, generally, lower income white people that is staunchly anti Nazis and Trump. I have no interest in discouraging that.

Honestly, just read this dude right now, so many great things.
https://twitter.com/ddale8

My favorite so far: “The next speaker identifies as a black Puerto Rican pansexual Jugalette community organizer Packers fan member of the Beyhive.”

That’s one way to put it

I guess today, just for a little while, my heart is with the Juggalos.

Success

Turns out Trumpsters don’t want to mess with a bunch of angry clowns with hatchets.

Um, would you?

I can’t say I disagree.

I’m reading Nathan Rabin’s book on Juggalos / Phish fandom. I think it’s essential reading for anybody who wants to learn more about juggalos:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A286QIA/

I have to say that, even while I think the FBI’s gang designation is absurd (and clearly primarily class-motivated), I do also think it’s a bit disingenuous of the juggalos to cast this purely as discrimination based on “music they like”. As the book lays out pretty convincingly, Juggalo identity means more than just music. There’s a reason nobody gets, like, Joe Satriani tattoos, but they do get ICP tattoos.

I think it’s more like…I dunno, a very loose religion? But like, a chill one, like the Quakers. Or maybe Ren faire people? You know, like the ones that own full suits of armor.

Creed?

Not the shitty band, but as in “don’t discriminate based on race, religion, or creed.” Newsradio had a good riff on creeds (“you mean like pyramids on Mars?”) but darned if I can find it.

But people do get Grateful Dead tattoos. And Deadheads are a thing.