The Killing

Oh that’s right. I wonder if it was more than that, though. Like the driver hit her and pushed her car into a river, etc.

So do we think it’s the giveaway guy at the end of the episode or the really rich guy who he helped with the coverup and got the donation?

Not sure. The previews for the final episode mention the “shocking final 5 minutes,” so I guess that’s when we’ll find out what is going on.

I’m sticking to my prediction==its the political flunky. I have to change my reasoning, though: he finds out his boss is having sex with the teenager, he confronts her, she threatens to out the story (or to blackmail the candidate) and flunky chokes her, dumps her in the trunk, and ditches the car in the pond.

We know she died in the trunk of a campaign car. How would really rich guy have had access to that? Remember that the killing takes place before he endorses candidate.

I agree with benny, I think it’s his assistant!

True, but we also know that Richmond and the rich sports arena guy may have previously been in contact because it seems like rich sports arena guy owns the “dating service” that Rosie stumbled upon via her aunt’s activity. Maybe rich sports arena guy can use his knowledge of the murder (and $$$) to blackmail Richmond into building him an arena. Or something like that.

Let me just say, flunky assistant has been conspicuously absent several of the last episodes, so maybe we’re not supposed to be thinking about him. It also wouldn’t surprise me to find that the person who killed Rosie is totally out of left field, like her mother, for instance.

For it to be “shocking”, I’m going to guess it’s Holder. He got in too deep with drugs/gambling and had to do a favor for the mayor. He knocks off Rosie and the mayor gets him transferred to Homicide to hamstring the investigation. The only problem was that they didn’t expect Linden to hang around and solve it with her relentless ineptitude.

Interesting, though he has seemed surprised with some of the evidence that popped up. Besides, the show would be more interesting with him there next season.

LOL love that description.

After getting to know this woman, I can’t imagine her ever making it to becoming a police officer. Don’t they have to take psych evaluations? She doesn’t just have issues, she has full subscriptions.

I can’t really think of a ‘shocking’ ending with any of the suspects we’ve had, unless it’s somebody out of the blue like the Mayor or Holder, but I don’t see that happening.

My bet is that it’s shocking because they kill somebody else or whatever.

I bet Gwynn, his campaign manager did it. She found out about the affair and killed her out of jealousy.

Dammit, that final episode pisses me off! Good guesses earlier, though.

Nice work detective. Of course by next season there will be all new writers making it up as they go along. Ugh. It really sucks that they are stringing us along for another season.

I don’t think they meant to imply it’s Holder. He was doing what he thought he had to do to get the real murderer.

What do you mean? It seems to me like the person driving the car Holder was in was part if the effort to frame Richmond and Holder’s drug problem was the leverage they used to get him to introduce the photo from the toll booth. Why else would he do it?

That’s not to say Holder committed the crime - only that he’s being used.

It seems like Gwen, Holder and the Mayor are out to frame him. Only the Orpheus email is definitely tied to Richmond.

They should have chopped out 4 of the boring, pointless middle episodes and then run with this episode 3 episodes ago and finished it all up in season one.

I’m with this line of thinking. There’s no reason to drag this mystery out over two seasons given the ragingly poor police work/ability to write a mystery that went on in this series. Wow did things come together fast once the cops actually did their jobs quasi-properly.

What annoys me most is that I’m curious to know the answer but they make this a tough show to actually watch a lot of the time.

Looks like I was in the ballpark but who knows with the ridiculous writing on this show. It felt like they were gasping for breath just to get to the finish line for this season. I can’t believe they think they can hold an audience still trying to answer the central question for another 13 episodes. Ugh.

My wife summed it up best:

“We gave up on this thing after 4 episodes, and I feel like I didn’t miss anything. Well, we missed how mad people would be after spending 12 episodes to get that finale

Mind you, this is a very positive person.

So basically, they still haven’t found Rosie’s killer. Holden is still a mystery. The family is still a mess. She still isn’t moving to Oakland.

So, so bad.

Alan Sepinwall’s interview with the showrunner, whose ego is pretty much on par with David Simon.

It’s a shame, this show could have actually been more interesting had it focused on Richmond running for political office, and dealing with this murder as some sort of B-plot.

Does the Danish series have a season 2?