The Last of Us has real heart, but not much else

FUCK YOU!!
!!امك قحبة
vete a la mierda!!
пошел на хуй!!
你他媽的!!
va te faire foutre!!
vaffanculo!!

you played 3 hours of the game. A lot of reviewers said it started off slow.

I do NOT like playing this game! I love the concept the art direction and yes the story aint bad. But as a game? I had to turn it off, go home and play something with some real meat to it's bones.

What the fuck is this get off metacritic

Suck "the last of my jizz" from my very drained balls

Not completely meant to be a rhetorical question, but do you
like anything about the PS3. You have given out 27 perfect scores in your very
limited review section. And the highest score you have ever given a PS3 game is
a 3/5. And I’m not going to say the masses are always right. But it always
seems to be QT3 reviews that are the one sight that gives that one mixed or negatively
perceived review. I can’t help but question motive sometime. I will say that I
have not played TLOU yet. So I can’t disagree with anyone’s score.

Does someone need punctuation?

I say dont count this one the Metacritic score stays at 96!

SEAL THE BLAST DOORS! SEAL THE BLAST DOORS!

You're right. Qt3 seems to ALWAYS be that one site that gives a game a negative or mixed review. I can't help but question his motives either. He swears he doesn't even look at other reviews or care if he gets on Metacritic.

The fact that you've been playing Naughty Dog games "since you were a kid" tells us everything we need to know about you, son.

What is that supposed to mean? Naughty Dog is my favorite developer.

3 hours in? I'd hoped some fun would have kicked in by then. I was in a skyscraper (toppled) fighting through clikers and runners - over and over (restarted about 10 times before dropping difficulty down to easy) and STILL AI flaws made it tedious and non rewarding!

No section before this was fun either, in fact the fun seemed to get less and less as things were introduced! Tedious is the word.

I love a game that punishes you for your own mistakes, this one punishes you seemingly at random. I can throw a glass bottle and that will distract the enemy, off they go. Then I can lie in wait - out of sight and hearing range, and suddenly they will RUN at me for no reason!

When you have just spent 10 minutes (for the 10th time) making your way through a really unimaginative piece of level just to pull yet another cart/bin out of the way of yet another door you 'must get through' (for reasons barely ever explained) only to find yourself surrounded by and beaten to death by runners and clickers, your patience starts to wear thin.

There is little reward for tolerating these sections either. And worse is random the difficultly spikes are and the inconsistent 'rules', I've managed to go past warehouses full of grunts by creeping around, yet in this next area I can't even sit there breathing without them running at me. That inconsistency isn't fun as it takes away the rules you play by, it all seems so random that you just want to plod through the 'gameplay' sections as fast as you can just to trigger the next bit of story. So essentially you are playing for the story but the gameplay is dull and progress is dull.

As in the above review he points out that you encounter this pattern over and over regardless of environment, it's superficial and stuck on. This game was borne from the concept of the story and the direction, like a movie, the gameplay was an afterthought and plays like a really sub par and far less robust uncharted without any of the fun of discovery to help out. EXTREMELY linear to the point of asking why you are even bothering with the controller. Just make the movie already and I'll watch that for £10 instead of this.

Tom chick <3
^^ Microsoft <3

If the majority of AAA games are similar and Tom doesn't particularly enjoy that type of game, he won't like the majority of AAA games.

It's not hard to understand.

The game starting off slowly is definitely a valid negative criticism. If The Last of Us is a 12 hour game (what it sounds like from Tom's review), that means the first quarter of the game is slow. That's pretty bad.

nobody gives a fuck about your puny website buddy

Yes we are all aware of that fungus. Interesting concept in fact for a game. I feel the zombies are a bit 'stupid' having played the game, not because they are born from fungus (which imo IS far more interesting than the 'undead' stuff that has been done to death now) but in how they are designed and implemented in the game itself!

They look really daft, and their AI is just stupid. They are not quite as stupid an enemy as splicers in bioshock (who were the least threatening enemies ever) but it just seems all so messed up some how. So random and not quite as they would have hoped.

The graphics too are a mish mash of 'excellent' one minute and really dated the next. Inconsistent.

Who cares anyway, they have made millions off this and got more than enough good reviews so my opinion doesn't count for anything but there you have it.

True. Tom is entitled to his opinion. I generally disagree with him though. I still have to play the Last of Us to give a fair assessment.

However, I've read numerous reviews praising the game for being unique and different than anything on the market. So I don't think this AAA game is similar to others.

The gameplay is sorely lacking in this game. It's glossed over by the story. A trend I've seen in many games since Bioshock started the modern wave of 'include semi high brow story and get hyped to hell, don't worry about gameplay mechanics and actual fun'.

If you felt anything like I did playing this, I felt i was playing it because I felt I should rather than because I was enjoying it. That's not how a GOOD game should feel.