The Last of Us has real heart, but not much else

"There isn't a better game"

I dont know wherever to facepalm or start screaming FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

Yes there is a better game, plenty of them.

The same goes for bioshock infinite, you are basicly playing through repettive encounteres just to get to the good story bits.

Thta is your "game" that is the "gameplay"

So for you there is no better game than a game that basicly focus on story and not actual good gameplay, This is what you are saying here. Fuck the gameplay, lets give this game and bioshock infnite 10/10 for story and not for, get this.... THE ACTUAL MOTHERFUCKING GAMEPLAY.

So you say there is not a better game? How so, there are ton of games with better shooting and stealth mechanics, no there obviously isnt something EXACTLY like the last of us, but that means that we should overrate games with unique gameplay despite being broken and doing a bad job at it. Like they cannot be improved.

"I don't know what you hipsters think"

Hipsters? Like how? By playing games when you were a child? By playing game before the "game industry" even existed as an industry. Or by playing highly superior, complex and innovative games and seeing just how simplistic and basicly interactive movies games have become. Or maybe is it because we have more experiance with games and have seen innovation and revolutionized ideas instead of being one of the so called "critics" which started playing games in 2006 and infest the internet with their "reviews".

There can be great improvement in games. Fps can be 10 hours long or longer with more variety, the likes of bioshock infinite can have bigger and more nonlinear maps with complex gameplay. Far cry 3 could have a more populated maps with more buildings and more freedom of choice in missions and more tactics. Crysis 2-3 could have bigger maps with vehicles. Dishonored could have bigger maps with more power and weapons.

There is a HUGE room for improvement but apparently with few exceptins this "Generation" has been a freaking downgrade on the gameplay department.

The gameplay in this game is actually quite good. Seems like the reviewer just got stuck one to many times. When I read this, I get the sense that he isn't very good at games

Hmh. Let me fix my sentence:

"There isn't a better game FOR ME, at least CURRENTLY."

No one knows what the future games can be like, but as of now, TLoU is the best story-game/linear game for me. And I refuse to let you force your opinions that The Last of Us deserves 6-8/10 on people's faces. People like different games - the reviewer apparently disliked this and, yeah, that sucks but that's only one reviewer. Also don't begin to argue over this kind of a trivial matter. Wanna know the reason? OPINIONS.

It is a matter of fucking opinion whether you like some game or not, don't try to force people to like or dislike games you prefer. Okay, we got it, you don't like The Last of Us, but you are in the minority, congratulations.

I personally prefer TLoU over any linear game there is at this moment, and I assure you, I am not alone. I will not include sandbox/open-world games in that comparison because they are hard to compare to this game. TLoU rules supremely over any linear game there is, period.

That was the biggest load of crap I've heard from, in fact, biased, self-indulged, mindless child/adult. I admit I'm a fucking troll? You reply to me endlessly, I made a reply to you. So? It's a fact. I'm a faggot? Oh, and I'm trolling? No, you began it, I made one comment, you turned it into a flamewar with two. How is my username spelled wrong? You can't handle the space? You don't know that there is a 'u' in about a quarter of "Laurence or Lawrence?"
Again, 'Thje'. Took me a second to figure that out along with the other bullshit. Yeah, so I'm a troll? A.K.A. Guy looking for a fight? Intentionally trying to spam/curse with absolutely unnecessary replies? Look who's talking. :)

Point dismissed, you don't work there, you have no proof. Guessing you haven't had a touch of law school, like many of us had. Again, troll assumption when you are the one who endlessly replies to my comments with a few hours.

Yes, you say that while previously asking the rhetorical question of "why does cod continue to get 8.5's?" If I exagerated a little, you better look at your comments again, I have for mine, and apart from a few assumptions (based on subject changing after being accused of such things and replies shortly after mine implying that you are on the internet several times a day on the weekdays for a considerable amount of time each), they seem to be slightly more compromising than your online swearing (that much emotion is not needed in typing) annd indignant replies.

Eh, I don't believe you played it. You probably read Tom's review and decided not to give it a chance. Your negative outlook on the game is probably based on Tom's critique and some Let's Play videos you watched on youtube.

I think the site has achieved what it wanted, "Traffic" with this review. No other review has got more than 1300 comments, lol, seriously not even more than 100. This is just a publicity review.

If you have Web Of Trust extension (which works well for all major browsers), feel free to rate this site down.

This is the WOT page for quartertothree: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorec...

Actually, Gamespot's review got like 15,000 comments last time I checked. But Gamespot's review was released before the game came out. This review came out a couple of days before. If Tom put this review up around the same time as Gamespot or IGN, this would have had over 15,000 comments.

Why do i fucking bother?

Fuck off fanboy, am done with you. Go suck naughty dog some more.

Bullshit, then next message will be trolling.

and there is the trolling.

and it ends with undermining.

Am done dipshit, you offfer nothing i will not reply to your shit anymore.

Good point, so when fanboys start "HIGHEST RATED GAME EVER" Please remind them that reviews are basd on what is outhere NOW not compared to all games at all times. Pesonally i rate games compared to all games that have ever come out, propably tom too.

Tom did not dislike the game 3/5= he liked the game. So its ranging from 7-8.

Gamespot rated the game with an 8.0

Didnt cause a clusterfuck.I can see how this game can get 8.5, but not a 9 or a 10.

"that sucks but that's only one reviewer."

Gamespot gave it a 8.0 and polygon gave it a 7.5

Big freaking deal.

I have seen so many unfair low scores from ign and gamespot that i cant take reviewers seriously.

"Okay, we got it, you don't like The Last of Us, but you are in the minority, congratulations."

In the minority of people who have a ps3, compared with all other systems and the heavy overrating ps3 has, this would have played alot diffirently had this game been multiplatform.

The last of us and bioshock infinite and alan wake have the exact same problem.

Linear design yet very borring and repettive encounters. There isnt much variety in their campaigns and just like tom said, you play through the bad parts to get to the story, thats what you do, you suffer through bad gameplay to get to the good stoy bits, not actually playing the game.Thanks to Elli'es "i am a ghost" ai, you lose all immersion during stealth.

However the last of us has actually better gameplay than those 2 games. The problem is, it doesnt do any of the gameplay ideas it has particulary well, so giving it 10/10 for trying everything and not doing it well is rather curious and unfair compared with games that tried doing multiple things and got bashed for not doing them very well. Apparently there is a bias on the emotional state the story and charcters cause, rather reviewing with the actual gameplay i mind.

This guy just fucking sucks at the game first of all cause I seriously went through the game on Hard mode my first playthrough without that much difficultly, am I the only one who did this? No I actually know many ppl who though that normal was a bit easy. Secondly it's non-combat parts that add to the games overall value. And again this guy fucking sucks I was on hard mode and at one point during my second playthrough I had plenty of ammo, 3 med- kits, 3 Molotov cocktails, 1 nail bomb, 2 smoke bombs, 2 shives, and a melee weapon. And seriously the gameplay is incredible giving you some many options on how to aproch combat it's ridiculous. Many ppl have varying ways the handle each situation. Thirdly he must be a horrible scavenger to not have enough supplies to make a med-kit on normal or easy, if you actually look/ explore a bit they practically throw the items in your face. As for his criticism of the zombie-like infected, I'm glad it was different from the average flesh-eating headshot zombies with in most games. It felt fresh. This guy wouldn't know a good game if it slapped him in the face with its dick-_-

It's not uncharted dumbass it take about 17 to 18 hour on one's 1st playthrough

It's not a shooter from what you say you need to go play COD

"Gamespot gave it a 8.0 and polygon gave it a 7.5" - Woohoo. Watch while I give exactly 0 fucks about 3 sites' opinions when 30+ gave it 9-10/10. And also while I give it a 10/10. And no, 10/10 games are not perfect, they can have minor bugs. GTA IV got perfect score and look at it's bugginess.

"In the minority of people who have a ps3, compared with all other systems and the heavy overrating ps3 has, this would have played alot diffirently had this game been multiplatform." - PS3 is purchased by 80 million people. Widely considered to have the best exclusives. Multiple Xbox/Nintendo/PC-fans also agree The Last of Us is a masterpiece. Your point being?

"Linear design yet very borring and repettive encounters." - Oh, so you expected superzombies with telekinetic abilities, aliens, and Wolverine cutting through Infected hordes, is that right?

"Thanks to Elli'es "i am a ghost" ai, you lose all immersion during stealth." - If it did not exist, everyone that currently moans about breaking immersion, would moan about how you get noticed by an AI companion. -.-

"I have seen so many unfair low scores from ign and gamespot that i cant take reviewers seriously." - Then don't. Look at the user ratings. Near-masterpiece all around.

"There isnt much variety in their campaigns and just like tom said, you play through the bad parts to get to the story, thats what you do, you suffer through bad gameplay to get to the good stoy bits, not actually playing the game." - Maybe there is a reason to that. Not all games have to be similar to others. This game has filler dialogue etc. etc. to cover the walking parts... you don't have to be shooting Infected/humans every second, dude.

"The problem is, it doesnt do any of the gameplay ideas it has particulary well" - Mind telling me what it didn't do particularly well? None of the gameplay, even your so-hated Stealth AI, should matter that much.

"Watch while I give exactly 0 fucks about 3 sites' opinions when 30+ gave it 9-10/10"

Then why give a fuck for this site?

LOGIC?

Where did pc fans say this is a masterpiece? Must not be the same people who consider doom, quake,system shock 2, deus ex and crysis masterpieces. Pc is about innovation,the last of us has none.

Guess how many x360s have been sold? More than ps3s, so yeah minority.

80 million eh?

How many sales that game has? around 3 which is higher than any ps3 exlusives, if they are so good then why they dont sell?

Again, Linear design yet very borring and repettive encounters.

if you dont get what that means, its the same reason why games with diffirent maps and objectives are better than pacman and tetris and pong.

Sure lets look at the user ratings, sim city, diablo, cod, all have horrible ratings because clueless fucktards who DO NOT play those games are butthurt and make a counts just to rate them with 0.

The design of this game is the same as bioshock infintie and alan wake, filler repettive gameplay.

Shoting is subpar, stealth is subpar also the game is glitchy.

I could say the same for you. You're a Tom Chick fanboy.