The Marvel Cinematic Universe Post-Endgame

Yeah, I saw this list and thought, “I mostly have no idea what any of these things are” before remembering that before the MCU, the only Marvel characters I knew of were X-Men, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, and Iron Man, the latter for no other reason than Ghostface Killah using him as an alias.

Oh, and Blade, but I had no idea he was a comic book character until years after the fact.

Exactly! I agree with this completely. Marvel has shown that they can make D-list characters interesting, so I’m glad that they’re working on these movies instead of just hitting the reset button and saying, “Okay, we bought Fox, so now we’re starting on the Fantastic Four and X-Men!”

I’m sure comic fans would rather see new franchises than just another reboot, and I think it’s worth taking the time with the big guns. People have been complaining about Marvel stories getting more and more epic and interconnected, so now we’re seeing the correction back to (hopefully) smaller and more self-contained stories. Plenty of time to set things up before the next Secret Wars or Annihilation or whatever the next major crossover ends up being.

I think you have to be pretty damned jaded to not give Feige the benefit of the doubt at this point. I mean, yeah, if you aren’t fond of superheroes in general, comic book movies, or anything fun, I get it, but Marvel has done so many things right over the last 11 years that my butt will be in the seat for whatever, until they start screwing it up.

Same here. They’ve consistently put together good-to-excellent movies about characters that I had no particular attachment to going in, so I’m willing to trust them to keep that streak up.

Hear hear! So say we all.

Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch are an amazing pairing and I cannot wait to see them together.

I don’t disagree – I’m definitely going to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, given Captain Marvel (liked the movie, dislike the character) and Black Panther (like the character, disliked the movie), I’m not sure the B team works that well. I’m certainly waiting to be proven wrong, but I stand by the observation that having a full slate of minor properties isn’t a good way to get fans excited.

I am all over for more Strange. Hell I had no idea who the Guardian were but I went. I will keep an open mind, even if I am hesitant about it at first.

I like that one too!

You had me at “Multiverse of Madness”!

I know nothing about The Eternals so I do worry they’ll just be another “power inflation” thing but I generally trust Marvel to keep things grounded just enough so that I care about what’s happening.

That said, some Far From Home spoilers:

I worried about the same thing with the Elementals in Far From Home, but then Marvel completely subverted my expectations there, and even used the Elementals as a way to commentate on how boring such a villain would be in the MCU these days too. So since they handled that so well it gives me more trust in them to handle what comes next.

If she wasn’t already in GotG, I think Zoe Saldana would make an AWESOME She-Hulk.

Beyonce. My vote is for Beyonce. :D

But yeah you are right that would be a great fit for a particular look I’m seeing for She-Hulk when I do the googles.

Jesus, these all look terrible. Not excited for any of them. Except possibly Blade, but didn’t they already do a Blade series recently?

I think the Marvel run is over. Perhaps the 80s WW will be good.

So what’s next after comic book movies?

Blade was released in 1998, and the TV series was 2006. So, before any of the MCU movies. I think a 15-year gap is big enough.

Yeah, I wonder if vampires are still cool. Perhaps they still are.

Anyway, yeah let’s see some She-Hulk, and some F4 (done right), and some more Hulk movies, and some MCU X Men, and some Galactus, and some Doctor Doom, and some Kang the Conquerer.

But come to think of it, we have seen an awful lot of stuff. They have gone deep into the stories and lore. I’m kind happy with what we got already.

They kept going as something people are interested in beyond the twinkle kind even. It’s still got some energy there… besides Blade was cool. The really messed it up with 3 but I can see them trying and doing well again.

There better be another god damned Ant-Man movie.

How do we get Ant-Man and The Grandmaster together? That’s what I want.

OMG yes please.