The Marvel Cinematic Universe Post-Endgame

international Disney + has everything. Well at least it does here in NZ

There’s nothing remotely like this on Disney+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AvWkrppsg

This is so, so far outside the boundaries of what people associate with the Disney brand.

Again. In the US. In other regions Disney+ has Touchstone and Weinstein movies on it.

Disney plus has leaned into the darker side of the Marvel universe already with some of the stuff in their own series. The former Netflix series’ has some dark moments but come on, Agatha frikkin killed Sparky!

Yes, but she did it in a song so its funny and cute!

The director of “Free Guy” and “The Adam Project” will once again team up with Ryan Reynolds for “Deadpool 3,” the much-anticipated third installment of the comedic action franchise, Variety confirms.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who penned the first two “Deadpool” films, will write the third movie based on the “X-Men” comic book character, created by Rob Liefeld. Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin and Wendy Molyneux, Emmy-winning writers of “Bobs Burgers,” had been previously tapped to write “Deadpool 3,” but Reese and Wernick will instead return for a third outing.

I haven’t been thrilled with anything Shawn Levy has directed, but he also hasn’t directed anything I consider terrible except for The Internship back in 2013, so I guess he’s a decent choice.

Ha ha, you saw The Internship.

-Tom

“Professor Xavier is a total dick!”

It’s a little hazy now, but I remember The Internship being one of the only Vince Vaughn movies that actually made me laugh.

Counterpoint: I found The Internship aggressively unfunny, and the only joke I enjoyed in the whole thing (for whatever reason, comedy is weird) was how Vince Vaughn kept saying “on the line” instead of “online”.

“I will not be grabbing a cold one with you.”

-Tom

P.S. I should point out I’ve never actually seen The Internship, but I have seen the trailer multiple times.

Free Guy and the Adam Project were both fun and mindless popcorn flicks. Seems like a great fit for Deadpool 3.

It was aggressively a Vince Vaughn movie and slightly an Owen Wilson movie. It wasn’t a McDonald’s double cheeseburger where you get a mediocre product but one you expect and that still delivers strong value for money, it was more a Pop Tart where you’re a little ashamed even starting and then more ashamed at how predictable the disappointment is. You didn’t club a baby seal but in some way you’ve supported seal clubbing just by omission.

Was just watching Captain America: Civil War. The end fight. Iron man fires a repulsor shot at Cap’s shield. And it knocks him backwards. I thought that the shield absorbed shit like that. Now it doesn’t?

Edit: Then seconds later he fires at the shield again and it’s reflected back at him. WTF? Do they not have a continuity guy?

It does whatever the plot demands of it.

Yeah. I know. But I don’t have to like it. :)

I take it you never noticed the “absorb/reflect” toggle on the grip

/s

Cap is off balance when the first shot hits?

Just rewatched that bit. I’m not seeing it. There’s one repulsor blast that Cap fails to block with his shield (it hits him right under the edge of the shield) that sends him flying into a wall. Are you sure that wasn’t what you saw?

Just as it does in the comics, I might add.