The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

“That great poets imitate and improve, whereas small ones steal and spoil.”

Guess we’ll find out which is which soon enough.

“It’s an older code, but it checks out?”

He still knows Kung Fu.

“Whoa.”

Looks like he unlocked the Force push upgrade.

Nah, I think that’s Aard. And he used Quen too. Maybe Igni?

Anyway, Neo is a witcher now.

Hmmmmm.

Neo is the best at pushing stuff!

I wonder what he can do with a pencil.

Either that trailer did a masterful job of not giving away the plot, or it did a masterful job of giving away that there is no plot, just nostalgia.

No Spoon, No Plot, No Problem!

They should just combine The Matrix with Memento, Inception, The Endless, and maybe Tenet with a dash of Primer and covered in a spicy Upstream Color sauce.

ding ding

If I’m bitter about bitter comments does that make this comment bitter, and would that lead to a bitter enough feedback loop where I can start making Starbucks Cold Brews?

If you really get going, you can make that dusty pot of decaf that’s been brewing on the back counter of your local Starbucks for the last couple of weeks.

Without the caffeine the underlying rage won’t come out as well though.

Watched Reloaded last night and hot damn I still love that film. The final half remains one of the best extended action sequences of all time: just balls to the wall from the Merovingian’s mansion to when Neo catches Trinity.

I know people love to hate on Revolutions, and it’s definitely the weakest of the three, but I love it just the same and am looking forward to that one over the next couple of days. Then I’ll be ready for Resurrection.

There is a lot to like in Reloaded (though some things like the Burly Brawl do not hold up well today), but the problem is it is not a complete film. Its a promising first half.

Still there is definitely some good action pieces, the villa fight and the car chase are stand outs.

Agreed. The Burly Brawl didn’t even really hold up on release day. But it’s a fun fight scene; I kind of wish they’d redo the CG using more modern techniques. Seems like something that could be done using the original footage.

Agreed. We’ve discussed it in a different thread (or maybe this one) before, but I just never felt any sense of stakes or danger or tension. That was on release day though, I haven’t rewatched it since then. I’ve only rewatched the highway scene, which remains excellent.

I’ve always liked Revolutions, I thought it was a really interesting way to end the trilogy.