The most refreshing and thirst quenching drink you... uhhhh drink

I was expecting so much more than cotton candy, but I still liked it.

There appear to be 3 variations: normal, zero sugar and zero sugar + zero caffeine

Tried Starlight this weekend. My immediate impression is that they took regular Coke and sorta pushed it closer to root beer. You can definitely taste the cinnamon and what may be some sassafras. In any event, I quite liked it, and my wife did too, which was surprising, she generally goes for diet only. We are going to try to find the zero sugar version and see how it is.

It really reminds me of the Pepsi Holiday spice they had years ago.

It is like a more herbal coca cola. I like it, but we got the little 8 oz cans, and that is the perfect amount of starlight, I think.

No joke, a no-sugar electrolyte powder that I actually like has been a critical component of the keto diet. Keto cramps are a thing, and the citrus and raspberry flavors of this stuff are pretty great.

Thanks for that writeup, I’ll try to find some here.

I’m a firm believer in Nuun for electrolyte drinks. They do have 10 calories but only 1 gram of sugar. They aren’t sweet by any stretch, more akin to a very watered down old-school gatorade taste, long before they made it overly sweet. I feel like I can guzzle them because the subsequent water isn’t overly tasting of much afterward. Refreshing, but not overdone.

I’ve tried other brands but I’m extremely hesitant because electrolyte drinks can run the gamut of, “okay,” to absolutely vile in taste. And that’s when not even looking for something with a heavy taste. If you’re saying this is decent I’ll try it but I’m pretty critical when it comes to water additions, unfortunately. Also the Nuun tablet vials are extremely convenient to carry around.

We’ve only tried the sugared version of Starlight so far, once I find the zero sugar I will report again.

Never heard of Nuun, where do you get it? I am on an endless search for a low/no carb carbonated drink that doesn’t taste like shit. By which I mean, doesn’t taste like a non-sugar sweetener. No monkfruit, no Stevia, no aspartame, no sucralose, etc. Just give me a decent tasting umami-feeling drink, I don’t need it sweetened, thank you very much, but I want it to have more mouth-feel than water.

Why does one get Keto cramps?

Idk man I’m not a muscleologist. Something about ketosis changes the way your muscles store things and/or how your kidneys process electrolytes, which can result in cramps.

Damn it, I looked on the Nuun website, they all have Stevia in them :(

So, the Publix near me has Starlight. Time to try it.

Is Stevia bad?

Not to me but some people don’t like the taste, I think.

The single most refreshing drink I’ve had (by far) is a Korean aloe vera drink I tried pretty much on a whim only a couple of years ago. I don’t have it often - it’s quite sugary - but on a hot week I usually try to get a bottle or two in my fridge.

My favourite thing about it is that it has small chunks of aloe vera just suspended in it. And I mean suspended - they don’t end up sinking to the bottom nor floating on the top, which is kinda cool to see.

The brand I get is OKF; not that I get a lot of choice in that!

okf

There used to be a branch of a small Korean lunch spot chain near my work. They sold a lovely aloe vera drink by the (plastic) glass, which I always had when I went there. Not sure if it was a Korean brand or something they made themselves.

I know what pixels taste like already! Who does Coca Cola think they are trying to tell me otherwise?

I just had to drill a few small holes in my LED monitor, press my lips against them, and suck really hard.

Tasted like electric rain.

Oh, so the flavor will be “fuck you, I’m not special ordering your weird stunt”. Weird how that’s the same flavor Flamin’ Hot Mountain Dew turned out to be.

Now I get where Teddy Rex was going with his posts. I miss Tedward Ruxpin. I wonder what he’s up to today.

Family drink, try that with a healthy squeeze of lemon, like half a lemon, and when you’re feeling caloric, a TBSP of sugar.