The movie frame game 20:20

How is that easy?

Well, I didn’t say it was a complete no-brainer! I maintain that the movie is 100% guessable by that shot, especially for a forum that can get Melancholia in 15 minutes based off the color palette of a blurry picture. Furthermore, you don’t need to know your Italian giallo or Hungarian New Wave oeuvre to get it: this is a straight up Hollywood major motion picture. And there’s no way it goes past 40:40.

Alright, then. I guess I’ll take a shot and guess Fargo.

Goddammit, that’s what I was going to guess. And then I decided to doublecheck my Bluray, and found out that it breaks AnyDVD and won’t play back on my monitor without it. :P

Edit: Oh, okay, AnyDVD was just taking forever. It’s not Fargo.

I can confirm it is not Fargo.

Here’s the 40:40 win to whomever checks this thread next! :)

At least it’s a cool shot:

They shoot horses don’t they?

They do indeed. Just not in this flick.

Hmph. I just remember a lot of American flag banners in that movie.

I’d recognize that hairline anywhere! John Cazale in The Deer Hunter!
Is this, this?

Seriously?? Guys it’s The Deer Hunter. AWWWW SHOOT!!! MarcJR!!!

Yeah I’m guessing I got that one.
Ok, 20:20.
Is that Eric Stoltz sitting in an English pub having a sulk?
It could also be Michael Fassbender thinking about people thinking about his penis… hmm tough one.

It is the Deer Hunter. Well done, Marc! Yeah, that browline is pretty unique. I just love that that shot catches his wife in mid head-snap.

Walken’s distinctive hat from the 20:20 makes a reappearance in the 60:60:

This is a long movie, and none of the other markers have face shots of the leads, so I’ll just post the 120:120 and 160:160:

Photographing Fairies…?

Damn it, I had that Deer Hunter one. But it’s not June yet, so I’m still in self-imposed exile from the game.

Yessir it is! An odd, endearing little film that takes its ludicrous subject matter and confidently makes it work in a very big way, despite bad CGI, a worse title and Ben Kingsley in a wig (sans eyeliner though) Now take that John Carter!

40:40

60:60

80:80

And Ben Kingsley 'bout to get medieval on that camera’s ass.
‘How dare you photograph the fairies!’ he screams.

20:20

Dancer In The Dark?

Oh aye, I even skipped ahead a few frames (still within the 20:20) to make it harder, DAMN!

40:40

60:60

I thought that looked like Buhjork in her handmade knit sweater.

20:20

Incidentally, I hate the new Netflix interface. It makes finding times a real pain in the ass.