The movie frame game 20:20

This might be pretty tough. Literally a fraction of a second later would have helped, but I was pushing the limit of the 20:20 moment as it was. Here goes:

This pick might have to go to the 40:40 frame.

-Tom

No idea, so wild-ass guessing time…Youth In Revolt?

Girl appears pretty cute, at least. Guess: Me and You and Everyone We Know, I think the guy is John Hawkes for no particular reason.

A couple of interesting guesses, but nope and nope!

-Tom

Was going to guess Funny Games. Then remembered the guys in that are dressed all in white.

It’s not The Messenger is it?

-xtien

Virgin Suicides?

Oooooh, damn…I’ll bet a million dollars you’re right. That staircase looks very familiar.

Well done, sinnick. How’d you get it?

A nanosecond later you can see the priest’s collar on Scott Glenn. Here’s 40:40, which would have made it a lot easier:

Okay, Eugene*, you’re up!

-Tom

• Harvey**

** Nick

Like charmtrap said, something about that front hall and staircase. It’s featured in several scenes if I recall. Also, I know it’s one of your favourite movies, Oscar*.

All right, here’s a new one, which is hard. I don’t know if I would have got this correctly myself. But I have faith in QT3:

• = Tom.

Is that Jack Lemmon in Glengary Glenn Ross? Or Michael Caine in Harry Brown? I can’t tell.

-Tom

Nope!

Munich, I think.

Correct! Good job.

The line of dialog there is “I want receipts!” But I totally wouldn’t have remembered that actor from his face.

Frame 40:40 would have been more obvious:

I vaguely remembered that scene, and that that actor was really good.

New movie:

I have no idea, but I wish to remark on how much that shot reminds me of The Godfather. It’s the sepia tone that does it.

Dead Again?

Wait, actually it is probably Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle.

Correct! And a great, great movie it is too:

“Razors pain you; Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful; Nooses give;
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.”

I thought that a full-frontal shot of Campbell Scott might give it away. Well done.

Here you go.