The Netflix TV Show Thread

Latest season of Peaky Blinders is avavilible and though the first two episodes at least it’s still awesome. This season it’s The Blinders V. The Mafia. Hopefully we get some more crazy Irish Tom Hardy this year.

This season of peaky blinders was pretty good. I have to turn on sub titles any time Tom Hardy is on though, I can’t understand a lot of what he says. It does leave you hanging for another season.

I didn’t even know a new Netflix Letterman show was a thing. Apparently Obama is guest #1.

Wow, first I’m hearing of it as well, but I’m intrigued.

Letterman looks like a homeless dude put in a suit.

Watching it right now and it almost hurts to hear them talk compared to the current political discourse.

I didn’t realize this was out already. I’ll check it out today.

He’s an old dude now. Older gentlemen often look like a homeless man in a suit.

I resemble that remark.

Geez, not a good self image, I guess I qualify as a old homeless man, better buy a suit…

Barack Obama is an amazing person - I’d love for him to be Prime Minister in Denmark, please. Such a statesman, amazing charisma and just oozes statesman.

The amount of good content on Netflix is getting ridiculous. I’m adding new series to my watch list faster than I’m watching individual seasons. My kids like their original content too. They have more shows and movies in 4K and HDR than Google Play.

Just finished watching it and yeah the Obama, Letterman opener is shockingly good.

Interesting reading

That definitely matches my experience, though Amazon has stepped up its game a bit recently with its originals.

Mostly matches my experience too, although I’d add I absolutely would not subscribe to Amazon Prime as a stand-alone video service. I watch the movies they fund in theaters, I can’t remember the last time I actually watched anything from their video service.

I am actually a little miffed by how few movies total are available for streaming as part of subscription services I have/use (Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix). Seems like everything I wanna watch has to be fully purchased instead.

TV is great, but movies are getting annoying for me, at least based on the stuff I search for.

Netflix still does DVD rental, doesn’t it?

Well sure but I wanted to watch Captain America: Winter Soldier right then, not in two days :P

It’s totally a first world problem, mind, but man, I just want a universal repository of all films ever that I pay $X/mo to to watch whatever I want, like how we have about 9 services offering exactly that for music already.

I find a couple of streaming services and a DVD rental service cover my TV and movie needs very well. For the occasional movie I have to watch right now that isn’t streaming, I can generally rent it online for £3.50 or so. It’s a bit fiddlier than Spotify, of course, but it certainly costs less than the equivalent of full cable would cost.

In Canada it’s solely Netflix for streaming movies. Amazon is finally available and has a few, but very few, so it’s only really of use for its original shows. No Hulu or physical media rental service either.