The new 2014 version of the 20:20 frame game. Come in here and guess the movie!

Looks like Joseph Cotten in there.

Not Joseph Cotten, but the resemblance is there. Think grittier. Noirer.

The 80s

This one’s likely too tough with the screencaps at those times. It has some fairly great screencaps at other times…

Yeah, let’s just make with the screencaps in order of iconic-ness since there’s no 100/100:

and then…

and then…

and finally…

Yeah I thought Joseph Cotten on that first frame too, and almost guessed Shadow of a Doubt at that point. But now I think it might be Dana Andrews. No idea on the movie though.

-xtien

Oh, I know it now, I think. Night of the Demon?

The clown gives it away…

It is Dana Andrews, and the film is Night of the Demon. That practical effect with the demon comes SO CLOSE to working…and then apparently the producer (American Hal Chester) took director Jaques Tourneur’s finished print and edited in the hilarious/awful closeups of the demon that really sabotage what would otherwise still hold up as a fantastic horror film. The long shot I posted works really well in quick-edit doses and from that distance.

charmtrap, you are up!

New 20…probably not all that helpful:

Whatever it is, I’m thinking something’s about to reach up and grab that girl’s foot. Scary!

-Tom

Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte? EDIT: nevermind, didn’t see the last page.

40…similarly helpful.

This one should help if you’ve seen the movie:

Okay, that shirt along with Tom’s joke above leads me to think of The Conjuring. Though I don’t remember that technology in the movie because of the period. Anyway…uh…The Conjuring?

-xtien

Got it!

Scary Lili Taylor!

Your turn…

I forgot how much I loved that movie. Huh. I should have included it in my surprises for the year. Anyway, gimme a sec.

-xtien

“Clap. Clap.”

It was surprisingly strong considering how disappointing most of the movies that have come from the collective Saw/Paranormal Activity braintrust. Though, as usual with horror movies the ending lets the rest down.

The new twenty:

-xtien

I’m going to guess Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Unrelated to Christien’s 20:20, I will say that now you bastages have me wanting to see a horror flick I wrote off as something I could do without.

(Shakes fist.)

Not a Star Trek movie. Let’s move this along…

The forty:

-xtien

I’m gonna let this one go since I don’t wanna monopolize the game, but you’re making me want to go down right now and buy the blu-ray so I can see this again.