The New Bioware Game

That’s what they outright said they were trying to do in ME2, so it could be.

Haven’t they also said ME3 will be of a lighter tone, similar to Empire Strikes Back -> Return of the Jedi?

Regarding planetary scanning, just use a savegame editor to give you 500000 of every resource. You still need to complete missions to unlock the research for which you need the minerals, so it’s not like you’re making yourself too powerful too early in the game.

For the N7 missions, just look up their locations on the Mass Effect wiki.

I think the fact that the “clues” were being released in the form of those UPC scan code things is pretty significant. You decode the scan images and discover the atomic mass of a mineral and the name of a system? Of course it’s Mass Effect 3! I’m not sure how the Mass Effect side project rumors ever even got started. None of the information out there gives me any reason to suspect anything else.

It can never be too early for news about ME3 but I was kind of excited about the prospect of ME2.5 multiplayer. :(

They announced Dragon Age II pretty closely after the release of Origins, too. I’m not discounting the possibility that ME3 will feature a multiplayer component, though.

Whether it’s ME3 or a shooter spin-off - something with multiplayer seems to be in the making. (Since it’s BioWare Montreal, it’s likely to be referring to the alleged spin-off.)

I don’t think it’s assertable that this is confirmed to be ME3. For all we know, Playstation Russia just assumed it must be ME3 and are saying that. Or maybe they said that it is the third Mass Effect game, much like Brotherhood is the third Assasin’s Creed game (excluding, in both cases, portable spinoffs).

EA have said they want to make ME into a major franchise, not just a sequel. The guy from the teaser isn’t Sheppard. My bet is that this is a spin-off, maybe Mass Effect: Cold Iron.

Sometimes a problem requires a simpler approach, so the Council formed an elite division of soldiers headed by you, Mike Steel.

It’s Mass Effect, but not as you know it.

I think i heard the new character’s name was Max Steel to better fit the unwashed masses.

In any event, mass effect is supposed to be a trilogy so unless they change things, the (current) story should end with mass effect 3. This means that mass effect 3 cannot be a cod style game because there has to be some story progress and conclusion (even more so since there was basically no story progression in me2). Plans can change though of course and obviously EA has been pushing to sell more games to the unwashed masses…

Plus, it is playstation russia… who really takes a second thought about any rumor they tweet?

I don’t have a problem with more games in that universe though, I kinda like it, even if they insisted on putting a hundred codex entries on space combat in the first one and then ignoring them in the cut scenes.

Another teaser link:

(Why do pics on blogspot never work right?)
Album in question:

Yeah, only rumours from america are to be trusted…

What’s that supossed to mean? i dont get it.

So far, the speculation has centered on the song “London Calling”, because the previous trailer seemed to show locations in London.

Of course, who the fuck really knows? :)

Unless you’re playing on insanity. Horizon gets very close to CoD levels of frustration if you haven’t upgraded your gear.

By playing on insanity you are marking yourself out as one who is truly dedicated to the game, and as such you are also less likely to be put off by the requirements of scanning. Furthermore, if you are truly dedicated to the game, then you are also likely to have played ME1 to completion, and you will benefit from the extra resources that importing a character gets you. In fact, if you import a level 60 ME1 character on a second playthrough, you could upgrade everything available before Horizon without doing any scanning at all (or minimal amounts).

Yeah, all true. I’m just saying that upgrades do make a clear difference at the higher (highest) difficulty.
Which I personally like, because I think the combat gets a lot more interesting when the encounters force you to think more about flanking and using the right weapons and powers.

I’m pretty much a sissy when it comes to shooters of any sort but I have to agree that Insanity is the most interesting setting for the reasons you’ve stated here. My first run through the game was on the easiest setting and I think I may have used my squads powers a couple times for the entire 40-hour playthrough. It just wasn’t an issue because I could shoot everything to death.

On Insanity, however, I’m using them multiple times in every fight and I build my squad around combat instead of just picking random people because it doesn’t matter. I have to know which of their abilities work on shields, through shields, etc, which burn through armor, and so on. Furthermore, some enemies are just plain intimidating because of their defenses, ammo limitations and how quickly they can kill me if I get caught out of position.

For me personally it makes the game much more than a bit of shooting between dialogue sequences, though it did take some getting used to initially.

Insanity in me2 isn’t that well done. It is more about knowing exactly where enemies are going to be in encounters than anything else because anything kills you in 2 seconds if they catch you out of cover. This makes it realistically impossible to beat the game initially on insanity without seeing the encounter playing out first, dying and then restarting it.

Playing insanity in me2 is kind of like playing contra where until you figure out through trial and error that you need to jump on the bottom of the left wall when the enemy’s eyes glow, you just die.

The 2nd to last difficulty was MUCH more fun and well balanced than my insanity play through, as was playing insanity in me1.

Are you talking about “boss” fights or the usual random encounters, Murbella? After a fair amount of time playing Insanity I don’t find myself dying to too much other than my own lapses in judgment.