The NFL 2016 Season

Just got home so I can watch. And an ugly sequence from the Chiefs offense.

Chiefs win, 21-13.

The early part of that game looked Seahawks-vs-Bucs bad for Oakland.

January 7, 1996 - Kansas City, MO. Chiefs lost to the Colts in one of the coldest games in NFL history. That’s me on the left! I helped my sister with a balloon thing for the stadium so I got a field pass.

I make my return to the NFL tomorrow at the Rams-Falcons game, thanks to my friend that takes the overhead formation/play pics for L.A. I’ll be pulling hard for Julio Jones for fantasy purposes!

A balloon thing.

Can’t remember if we did a balloon release or if was a big Chiefs balloon thing over the scoreboard & some other big balloon, err, things. I was just a peon helper, no idea of the proper balloon terminology!

The Rams, despite having a better record than the Browns, are playing like the league’s biggest and sloppiest embarrassment. Julio should kill it for you tomorrow.

We’ll give you a pass on this statement, because pretty much no one actually saw the Niners-Bears game.

LOL, you’re right I didn’t see it. Ye gods it sounds like it was awful.

After the first drive they showed a wide shot of the stadium in Cleveland. I’m guessing the local radio announcers are telling people “plenty of good seats still available”.

On the other hand, the Bengals scored two touchdowns in the first 9 minutes - so maybe the Browns fans won’t jump in their car and drive on down.

The Browns did try to run back a botched extra point, getting to near mid-field with a few laterals. It would have been really funny if they’d fumbled one of those laterals and let the Bengals run it in for 2 points.

Well Jones is apparently pretty iffy to play today so I’ve welcomed suddenly #1 ATL WR Tyler Gabriel to the starting line-up!

Ye gods, Jacksonville is not a good football team.

Dolphins managed to win today courtesy of the Cardinals (very) special teams, but probably lost Tannehill for the season in the process.

Time to step up, 2011 Dolphins MVP Matt Moore…

Stafford may be out too, dislocated finger with torn ligaments, sounds like.

I believe they announced that Stafford is not out and will continue to play with a glove on his right hand, much like Derek Carr is doing with a similar injury. How effective he will be remains to be seen but unless they decide otherwise, Stafford is playing next week.

Regarding the game, this was a major win by Detroit, not because they played well or the Bears are a good team but because they didnt play well and still pulled out the win. They are now in a great position to win the division. They basically need to win 1` of the next 3 games. It will be a challenge though, as those games are against NY and Dallas on the road, followed up by a home game vs GB. Even if they lose the next two on the road, beating the Pack in Detroit would still seal the deal. Not an easy task, though. Its put up or shut up time for the Lions.

Fairness in the NFL…

I can’t help but laugh at the visual of teams grabbing turnovers and then immediately taking the ball to get a pressure measurement while everyone looks on.

Jeff Fisher fired barely a week after they announced a 2-year extension.

Hopefully they never have another winning season while Stan Kroenke is alive.

Just a well-run organization there! If I’m a fan I certainly feel confident putting down $20,000 for a PSL!