The NFL 2016 Season

No mention of LeGarrette Blount’s run? This dude is a monster.

I hate the Pats but I love Blount. He is a proponent of talk shit, get hit. Loved it when he jacked that dude that got in his face after a loss in college when he was at Oregon.

Teddy Bridgewater ruled out for the 2017 season already. What a horrific injury.

I can’t recall a two-year injury. I remember ACLs taking two years for a player to back his former self, but they usually start playing after one year.

It would be the dislocation that makes that so. Navarro Bowman came back from a dislocation in ~ 1 year, but they’re bound to be all different with that much damage needing to be repaired. Marcus Lattimore rehabbed for 2 years and then retired without ever playing in the NFL.

Fake News Today (but not far off the mark):

The San Francisco 49ers today announced the hiring of John Lynch as GM.

Oh - wait. That isn’t fake news after all. Good grief.

John Lynch the TV commentator? That’s… strange. I guess they’re getting a little new blood, eh?

That hire makes no sense. He was an amazing football player and Stanford graduate…but I don’t believe he has relevant experience to be the GM of an NFL football team. Maybe his work managing his foundation is what they are counting on? Maybe they saw what Elway did and forgot that Elway had a lot of experience managing large organizations long before taking over in Denver.

He has a chance to be the next Mat Millen.

I’'m sure Millen would appreciate that. Then, for the next 20 years, maybe people would refer to “the next John Lynch” instead of “the next Matt Millen.”

It’s the moooooost wonderful tiiiiiiime

Of the yeeeeeeeeear!

So how one sided is thing going to be? Does Atlanta have a chance?

It’s amazing to me how the Super bowl is almost not on the national consciousness at all right now. I was reminded of it because of Bill Maher’s New Rules’ “Go Falcons”.

Line’s Pats by 3? Sounds about right.

I’ll take the Falcons. At that point you’re betting your gut anyway, not that I actually gamble.

30-24 ATL.

I don’t think I’ll watch it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Falcons win. They can score.

We’re having people over! Mostly because it’s an excuse to get friends to come over despite the tiny, tiny children ;)

I like ATL +3, a lot. I like ATL on the money line at +125 but there is a not a lot of value there over ATL +3, so I did not bet the money line. I also like Julio Jones at +1600 for MVP.

Jones is an absolute monster, but the scenario in which he gets MVP over Ryan is pretty slim IMO.

If Julio Jones runs wild you know the Patriots failed to execute. Taking away Jones will be their #1 priority. I expect Butler and McCourty will be on him the entire game.

Last chance for predictions: who’s it going to be?