The NFL 2016 Season

As much as I would like to see the Pats bite it in the Conference Championship game, they are playing rather well and are definitely the favorite. Still, Bell is seriously good RB who can take control of a game so I wont count the Steelers out… but Im not putting money on them either.
On the NFC side, its a really hard pick. Both teams are really clicking. I would have to give Atlanta the edge as its a home game for them but its hard to bet against Rodgers.
Surprisingly, Vegas has the Falcons a 4pt favorite over the Pack, almost the same spread as the Pats/Steelers game which is 4.5 for the Pats. The Pats game is about where I expected but I thought the Falcons/Packers game would be closer to a toss up.

I happened to be in a bar this weekend where about two thirds of the crowd was Cowboys fans. You’d have thought all their dogs had died en masse early on, but then I couldn’t hear myself think through most of the second half. It got pretty quiet after Dallas had to kick the tying field goal instead of taking the lead, though. You could feel “oh crap, we gave Rodgers the ball back with just enough time” sinking in. Exactly as it played out.

I found it moderately interesting that no one called for Romo, even when the offense looked terrible early on. Cowboy nation is settled on Dak, it seems…of course, now that the season is over for them, it’s only a matter of time until Romo going elsewhere is official.

Fake News Today (but not far off the mark):

The San Francisco 49ers today attempted to sign undrafted rookie free agent tight end J. P. Holtz (Pitt) from the Cleveland Browns practice squad, with an offer to make Holz head coach. Holtz announced via Twitter that he has declined the offer and will remain with the Browns.

The fact that I am not sure this is a joke is telling…

I like both dogs this weekend. I’d bet them both on the spread and especially on the money line.

So is this going to continue to be a blowout? Or can Green Bay wake up and come back?

Please god no. I’m fine with the Pack getting shut out.

This is glorious.

So going into tonight that makes what, 1 good playoff game with 2 remaining?

In theory. It remains to be seen if it turns out to be good or a blowout.

The Falcons look good but I wonder if the networks would rather have had Green Bay. I am sure they would rather have had Dallas.

Atlanta really impressed me tonight. I’ll be rooting for them no matter who wins tonight in the AFC game.

With that said, come on Pittsburgh! Get to the Super Bowl so that I can root against you there!

Sean Spicer just announced that the Packers won.
Alternative facts ftw.

Fake edit:
I skipped the entire 2015 football season. First game I watched since then was NE vs HOU last week. Where’s Gronk? What happened to Collins? Who is Chris Harper?

And now do I want NE to win only to be eaten alive by Atlanta?

Well, you don’t get much of a choice.

As a Steelers fan who is intimately familiar with this matchup, I pretty much knew it was going to go like this.

I always watch football on time delay.
Uhm, ok then.

Ben was playing well, thought this would be closer.

I was very surprised that both games today sucked.

I hope ATL wins the Super Bowl.

Will be rooting for Atlanta to win, but I’ll admit seeing Goodell have to hand the trophy to Brady and congratulate them after all that “deflategate junk” would be so amusing to watch.

Rooting for ATL as well. They whooped us good. Holy bananas. We just… ran out of healthy players. 90% of the recieving core was playing hurt. We have been starting rookies and backups basically all year in the secondary, and after somehow managing to out-offense teams and keep up a not terrible run defense, the injuries caught up with us.

That, and Atlanta has an incredibly talented offensive unit there. Wow!

Let’s hope the Falcons can grab their first Superbowl title.

First time in a while where I don’t mind either team winning. It should be fun. If Atlanta can get to Brady like they got to Rodgers then I think they can win despite the young secondary. It’ll be interesting to see how Belichick gameplans for their offense.

Yeah ATL’s pass rush looked good. Om nom nom.

I love hate-watching Rodgers get all whiny when things don’t go his way. Oh, you didn’t get the borderline call this time, princess? Boo-hoo, welcome to the way the other 30 QBs in the league get to play every week.

He and Brady are terrible about it. Reminds me of the NBA.

The funny thing about Rodgers was when they showed him laughing with the ref beforehand. “I thought we were friends!”