The NFL 2018 Season

Exactly!

You’re talking like it’s 2016 or something man.

Richie Incognito has gone a bit crazy. Wonder if it’s CTE-related?

When officers approached him, Incognito told them he was “running NSA class level 3 documents through my phone” and didn’t have to explain himself to officers because they didn’t have enough clearance, according to the incident report. When later told by officers that his behavior might pose a danger to others, Incognito asked a woman in the swimming pool to call the FBI.

{Pokes Head in} Is this thread “All Kaep all the time”, or does NFL football get discussed?

“According to the officers, Incognito also said he had taken an over-the-counter supplement called “Shroom Tech” and that his hands were shaking heavily, he had erratic speech and he “would suddenly jump up and move locations without warning.””

CTE or “Shroom-Tech”?

Could be both.

When he was with the Fins he was bats*** crazy. So this is no huge surprise. I was disappointed we got rid of him, though, because he was a great interior lineman. And the whole bullying scandal turned out to be, well, bs.

Kam Chancellor may or may not have tweeted his retirement last night. There’s a lot of confusion.

Tom Brady is being body shamed on the internet.

I gotta confess my initial reaction was “hey, my body doesn’t look much worse than that, and I lost 150 pounds 20 years ago.”

Unfortunately, I can’t throw a football like that.

I love this kind of snark. And since it’s the Browns, it’s all true. I’m sure he didn’t have to stretch any creative muscles coming up with it.

Yay! Why Your Team Sucks is one of the highlights of the NFL calendar.

I know football season is just around the corner when that series starts up again.

Back in 2005 I wanted to put a created Canadian team into the NFL in Madden and that meant one of the existing teams had to go. The consensus winner of a write in poll was “hit the Cleveland Browns with an asteroid.”

Would have saved a lot of heartache.

That was awesome. The comments at the end had me laughing so hard…only pure rage tempered by years of bitter disappointment can bring forth that level of scathing commentary. As a Bengals fan, I should know. =)

That article point one one thing that Lions fan should like. Even though we were first to wear the 0-16 crown of dishonor, Cleveland has taken that to new heights. 1-31 is a feat that will not soon be duplicated. And even tougher for the fans that streak is still open to additional losses. True football fans in Cleveland must be borderline suicidal at this point.

All valid points notwithstanding, I’m having trouble believing anybody is taking a “Why Your Team Sucks” article seriously. You guys do realize this is a humor series that Deadspin does annually with the same level of snark about all 32 teams, right? Of course, I realize that with my poor, bedraggled Browns the line between snark and reality may be very hard to find, but still . . .

Oh, I think everyone realizes that, and is just snickering. The Browns a just a…tad easier to snicker at than most teams.

Yeah, but like I said above, since it’s the Browns the snark is all true. And more or less writes itself!

Not that the Lions are far behind, right Bob?

Oh, that’s certainly the case. I keep hearing stories on the local news about Lions training camp, all breathless with excitement over the brave new world under Matt Patricia. Anyone who believes the hype there is in for some serious disappointment in a few months!