The North Korea Thread

I’m kind of glad that somebody does…

I can’t believe Kelly stayed with John for so long who apparently is starting to resemble a mannequin.

Who are the 8 enemies? What are the steps to crush them? Enquiring minds want to know!

1. Women
  2. Blacks
  3. Muslims
  4. Jews
  5. Gays
  6. Poors
  7. Mexicans
  8. Trannies

Death camps work pretty well for the crushing.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Scientists
lite beer
folk not from around here
trans fats
Canadians
Liberals
pants without elastic waists
the neighbor kid Johnnie who is up to no good, and won’t stay off my lawn

I see you @ArmandoPenblade but I’d already started typing before getting interrupted. Phhhhbbbbtttttt :P

Started making trouble in my neighborhood

Dude, they call them centers now. Sounds less like it requires getting their hands dirty.

Europe, Australasia, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, South America, Central America, Canada

Out of curiosity, is there any realistic scenario for an actual war with North Korea wherein Seoul doesn’t get reduced to rubble?

One where we have perfect information of every single piece of NK military hardware within striking distance of Seoul, and are able to deliver a crippling first strike against every site, simultaneously, with zero warning for them.

In other words, no. I don’t see it.

Maybe if China invades? (please?)

Nope. Therein lies the problem and always has.

One howitzer firing into the 6th most densely populated city in the world would be a huge issue. NK has over 10k and even if just a few hundred fired a few hundred shells before being destroyed it would be a pretty massive issue. Imagine London getting hit by that sort of thing… if London was over 3 times as densely populated.

I’m just curious here. Let’s say they have 10K howitzers. Is there one button they can press that auto fires them all or do they need to be manned? If they are manned, do they have 10k individual/teams of soldiers manning them 24/7?

Edit: also what is the communication infrastructure used to communicate with so many sites?

Seoul is definitely not going to get reduced to rubble. It’s just not. Folks need to understand this.

You may have casualties, maybe even in the thousands, but the city itself world not be destroyed.

Most of North Korea’s artillery CANNOT REACH SEOUL. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Like, all those howitzers? Exactly zero of them can reach Seoul.

That which can will be heavily reduced by their immense C-RAM system. And then it’s going to be almost immediately destroyed, because North Korea has no effective C-RAM of its own.

War will not be pleasant, it’ll be horrific. But it’s not going to be the complete destruction of Seoul that some folks seem to think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-briefs-senators-on-very-grave-threat-from-north-korea/2017/04/26/12a5c21a-2a9e-11e7-be51-b3fc6ff7faee_story.html

Senators departing the briefing expressed frustration that the administration shared few details of its current policy on North Korea and its plans to deal with the country as it continues developing its nuclear weapons program.

“They’re trying to do the right thing,” said one Republican senator, but members of both parties left frustrated that they were given “very few details about what has changed.”

The briefing lacked “even straight answers on what the policy is regarding North Korea and its testing of ICBMs,” said the senator, who requested anonymity to speak frankly about the meeting.

“Several senators asked specifically, ‘What is the policy?’ and the briefers gave us very, very few details,” the senator said.

[…]

In a joint statement, Tillerson, Mattis and Coates called North Korea’s pursuit of nuclear weapons “an urgent national security threat and top foreign policy priority.” They said Trump’s approach aimed tao tighten economic sanctions and pursue “diplomatic measures” with allies and partners.

The goal is to “convince the regime to de-escalate and return to a path of dialogue” toward peaceful denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, they said. “We remain open to negotiations to towards that goal. However we remain prepared to defend ourselves and our allies.”

The Republican senator said “the basic gist of it at the beginning was that we’re going to get more aggressive, we’ve waited and they’ve continued to be bad actors. We’ve reached a point where things are getting pretty dire and getting to the point where we’ve got to get more aggressive.”

“From then on, what we all wanted to know is, What does that mean?” the senator added. “What is it that we should be looking for as the trigger that something is about to happen and that we’d end up taking some kind of kinetic action? That’s where things got a little elliptical.”

Several senators said that while the briefing was sobering, it was not revelatory.

Today pretty much sums up the Trump Administration. Trump went away convinced he did something that made him totally awesome. Everyone else in DC thinks it made him look terrible - and them look even worse, because Trump conned them into showing up.

The list of important people in DC who hate his guts just grew longer.

Meanwhile, everyone else in the world is confused and anxious. Is it a good thing that what looked like the start of a war turned out to be just self-indulgent dick waving? Or is it just delaying the inevitable day when Trump decides the very best form of self-indulgent dick waving is actually starting a war?