The Palin wedding

The Times of London is reporting that Bristol Palin will likely have a very public wedding towards the end of October:

Inside John McCain’s campaign the expectation is growing that there will be a popularity boosting pre-election wedding in Alaska between Bristol Palin, 17, and Levi Johnston, 18, her schoolmate and father of her baby. “It would be fantastic,” said a McCain insider. “You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week.”

The ice-hockey player wrote on his MySpace page he was a “f****** redneck” and stated, “I don’t want kids.” But a McCain insider predicted he would marry Bristol whenever his future mother-in-law wanted. “It’s a shotgun wedding. She kills things,” the source joked.

This is my favorite election year EVER!

Free Levi!

guys please don’t politicize Bristols pregancy until after the wedding ok? :(

Hey little sister,…

If McCain doesn’t win, how long do you think Bristol’s marriage will go before divorce? We should have a pool.

The sad tale of Levi Johnson might do more to encourage teenage use of birth control (or hell, maybe even abstinence) than any sex-education campaign out there.

At the very least, young men may do more to find out whether the young women they’re considering bedding are politically connected.

Apart from marrying her when he may not have, the guy is probably actually getting a lot out of this. He’s riding the whole campaign extravaganza, he’s getting to meet all these important people, and might (God help us) be the son-in-law to the Vice President of the US. Dude could probably get any chick in Alaska.

You know, it’d be a nice day to start again. Come on! Right now we’ve got an old man and a female lunatic in the runnings for the Presidency praying that a shotgun wedding will boost their polling high enough to jump into the Oval Office. If that works, there’s nothing fair, safe, sure, or pure left in this world!

Phil, do you think McCain should suspend his campaign to help with the wedding planning?

Nah, divorce wouldn’t reflect “family values”, and remember, Palin still has to go back and be governor of Alaska again.

I’m thinking that Levi will have a “hunting accident”. Maybe involving a hunting trip with Dick Cheney.

Dick Cheney will shoot you… shoot you in the face!

I dunno. From what little of his personality that’s been exposed by his MySpace writings and such, it doesn’t sound like he’s interested in that kind of thing (besides the getting any chick part). Love to see Couric interview him.

Sounds like a plot of a really bad comedy.

Tonight on AMC: Free Levi, a story of love, laughs and political boobery.

Though, i wonder if McCain’s henchmen are holding his parents hostage with threats of “taking action” if he doesn’t marry the 17 year old.

Is it just me - or is politicizing a teenager’s wedding like this in really bad taste?

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Really bad taste. Should be private, no cameras, etc.

Regardless of McCain/Palin victory, I’d be willing to bet they’d still get divorced within the term, probably within the first 2 years so that everyone forgets about (or gets called a lunatic for bringing it up) when election time rolls around again.

Levi will wind up on Celebrity Boxing someday.

That whole damn family should get its own reality show.

come nov 5th it may

The republicans should pick their next VP choice “The Apprentice style”

With Dick Cheney as the Simon Cowell of the show. It’ll certainly show more vetting that the Palin Pick.