The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (ACG?) that deserves its own thread

Does anyone have any news on when this will be released on the PC or even for Amazon Fire? I tried it out on my phone and its really difficult to read a lot of the stuff in game. That makes it borderline unplayable.

Thanks Mark L for the explanation. I suck at this game. But I’m keeping at it, and learning better strategies.

Fuckin’ dice.

Kyra, Merisel, Amiri, Ezren.

Speaking of, I now have to decide on roles. Any thoughts, given the party composition?

Well, I can say that I went with Acrobat for Meri, so she could take the bonuses to closing areas, and Illusionist for Ezren, because the ability to auto-toss bad guys to the back gives him huge flexibility. We will see how well it works out come the next adventure!

So the current humble bundle gets you a 40 treasure chest promo code for $1.

I feel a bit bad for putting in the minimum, but there’s absolutely nothing else of interest for me in the bundle, and I got nothing worthwhile from the chests anyway. Some giant weasels when I finally unlock Lini I suppose.

I’ve owned the physical game for a while but only, with the release of the iOS app, have I learned the game and tried playing with the cards.

I come away feeling that unless you’re lucky enough to close at least one location in short order, winning a scenario is damn near impossible. In other words, success depends almost entirely on luck in that you need a henchman to appear high up in a location deck.

I hope you veterans can tell me that I’m wrong.

There is Grey Goo, which is why I went for 4 dollars.

Really depends on which locations, character classes, and villains are in play for a scenario. Don’t forget to use Blessings or Allies to churn through locations without using up turns, especially if you have some type of healing ability.

You have 30 turns to finish the game.

With a party of one, you have 30 location cards to explore. You are guaranteed to see every card, provided you pass all your bane checks. Of course, passing checks is difficult without a supporting party.

With a party of four, you have 60 location cards to explore. You shouldn’t expect to see all of them, but on average you only need to go through half of each deck to find the henchman or villain and close the location. So the expected number of cards you need to draw is 30 and your odds are 50-50, again provided you pass all your bane checks.

Blessing cards are crucial to improving your odds in both cases. For smaller parties that have a smaller number of locations, use them to help you pass your bane checks. For larger parties, use them to explore (effectively an extra turn) just in case the henchman or villain is bottom decked. If every blessing card is used to explore, it’s very unlikely you will run out of time - provided you pass all your bane checks. That’s where you need to start making decisions.

Finally, you don’t necessarily need to close every location. You need to close two, and then be able to temporarily close the rest when the villain shows up. This means potentially fewer cards to explore, but also poses the risks of splitting up your party.

When you play quests, do other characters created but not in your party impact the cards available? I have a character with 2 staffs of healing, but I don’t think I have run into anymore every, regardless of the quest or who is in the party.

I would suggest also you take allies that give you extra explores (Sage, Troubadour etc) and ditch ones that don’t unless they are really good (Father Zantus for example). Don’t run with just one character, use two or more. It gets a little harder the more you use, six characters is challenging. You can look up Father Boris on YouTube he one-shots all the quests with a six character party, but he really knows what he is doing.

I went 4 characters normal mode, then 4 different characters heroic. Now I am using the three “rejects” I hadn’t used so far, Lem, Lini and Sajan on Legendary mode and I am finding it tough, but doable.

Is anyone else having game-breaking bugs on the third quest of the last adventure path (I cant remember the name but it’s the one with the sea creature that eats cards)? I’ve been able to actually finish this scenario only once in 5 tries (and failed to get the required number of allies). I’ll either get a frozen screen where the only thing i can select is the main menu option or I’ll get a blank screen after trying to draw a card from a location deck (the location art and the cards all disappear but i can still select the blessings deck and the menu screens). Both of these bugs force me to resign from the current scenario since I can’t do anything to advance past these points. I’m not a fan of this scenario to begin with as the randomness of the creature pulling anywhere from 1 to 4 cards off the deck every turn makes this highly up to luck as to whether or not you succeed and now with these bugs I’m stuck and can’t move past.

Yes. See above.

Haha yeah you even gave me the exact answer up thread. It’s been so long I forgot I asked about that.

Does the iOS version have a bug with detecting roll attempts? I seem to get repeated situations where I believe I have all my extra dice in play and the UI doesn’t seem to need anything, but I just can’t get the dice to roll with a swipe.

If you’re playing on an older device, they suggest setting Effects to Off in Settings.

I have an iPad 3. Or whatever they call it with the fancy pants resolution screen.

I just really can’t tell if I’m missing a UI step or if it’s not detecting rolls/ swipes. I own the physical version, so I’m pretty sure I am doing all the pre-roll steps.

It seems to take a few tries at times with my iPad 3 also. I was having a weird issue yesterday w/ the Quest mode. When that one henchman that lets you pick a boon from the deck (if you defeat him, then make a Charisma 5 roll), the game’s hanging up. I have to go to the vault/gallery then come back each time I defeat him.

Thanks for the replies.

Despite weirdness, im enjoying it more than the physical copy as it’s a fun time waster game with meat. Enough so that I just bought the bundle. This raises another question, does the bundle give you everything or are some other loot/vault cards that I need to chase via in game gold and treasure chests?

You receive everything (including promo cards) as they’re released, except for Treasure cards, which are found only in Treasure Chests. Have to have something to spend your gold on!