The Playstation 4

I’ve been playing Golf Club 2019 for a couple of hours. It’s really good, might be the best Golf game I’ve played – definitely worth checking out.

I think so too, but everyone I’ve persuaded to get it dislikes it, on the basis that they are used to the metered swing of other golf games. They didn’t even like the sarcastic Canadian caddy!

What does that mean, exactly? They’re going to be pulling the games even for subscribers at that point, or they’re going to offer it to new subscribers until then? If the latter, does that mean that next month is giong to have five games, or just those two and another one?

PS+ games for April are Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0

Yes, that’s what it means. Remember, this is PS Now, not PS+. So Spiderman will be accessible to PS Now subscribers until July 7th. It’s like Game Pass, not Xbox Live.

Oh, right, sorry, I always get those confused.

Seems weird that they’d have a first party game up for such a short time though.

I had a terrible experience with Golf Club on the PC. I failed every single tutorial, possibly because the game didn’t like my mouse or maybe I didn’t understand the golf swing mechanics. I’ll never know since the tutorial guy doesn’t tell you what you’re doing wrong. He just says things like “ummmmm no, that’s not right, let’s try that again” in the most condescending voice ever. Screw you, tutorial guy!

I do wish the game were on PS+ so I could try it on a console with a gamepad. It’s not a game I want to spend money on (again).

Oh yeah, I have only played it on Playstation; I can only imagine how infuriating it is to play with a mouse.

I go straight for the analog controls on MLB the Show as well, as I have quite slow reactions and the metered/button press controls don’t really work for me. I guess I’m in a smaller demographic for these games.

I think you may be hitting on what people dislike about the caddy (tutorial guy) also :P

I’d hate to try it with a mouse. Every once in a while I’ll miss hit a shot (generally due to the swing pace meter, or whatever it’s called), and I don’t understand why, but for the most part I get it, and I generally make solid contact. Putting seems harder to judge to me than most other golf games.

I will admit that the first couple of tutorials had me in a haze, but I like the controls a lot having gotten used to them.

I bought two extra controllers off Amazon over a year ago when I got my Pro. Both simultaneously contracted left-stick drift this week, somehow. I popped one open and attempted to clean the contacts, but that didn’t seem to help. About to pick up one or two more, any reliable sources you guys can recommend?

I have a friend request from Kafkapoe, is that one of you?

Free games:

Also:

Sounds like Folding at home.

I already bought Uncharted collection three years ago for $7. It will be nice to get Journey though. Previously I only had it for whenever (if ever) I would subscribe to PS+.

That’s cool. I don’t own a console to play them on, but I can’t turn down a free game!

Have have one too and would be happy to accept it if it is someone here. Anyone know who it is? @jpinard, you are already friends with this person on the PS, do you know who it is?

A quick forum search points to this as your most likely culprit :

I think @rowe33 is correct :)

Thanks!

I did the 1TB self upgrade of my PS4 pro and had some USB issues myself.

The front USB ports wouldn’t recognize my SanDisk “slide - out” thumb drives either.

The issues was that the ports are recessed so that many USB drives can’t make a connection.

I found one driver which could fit and connect, but it was only a 1 GB drive. Which worked for my saves but when I put the update file on it, it wouldn’t install

Turned out I needed the FULL firmware, which now requires a 1.1 GB thumb drive.

But I noticed the rear USB port when taking the hard drive out, and the SanDisk fit fine there.

So, try the rear USB port if you are having USB issues.

A short extension cord for USB might also do the trick?