The Puzzle Games Thread

Haha, yeah, I sent this shortly after launch to the developer:

@bryangale This puzzle will be the end of me. How have you crammed so much evil into such a tiny space? Loving Induction btw. pic.twitter.com/jr0F5lhgns

— Gregg Burnell (@geggiiis) February 10, 2017

Still not solved it :-(

Seriously, someone on the Stephen’s Sausage Roll thread said that a couple of levels they were convinced were logically impossible and that’s exactly how I feel about this one. I’ve spent hours on it too. The thing is, it’s literally one of the smallest and simplest looking levels.

But think how amazing it will feel when you figure it out.

FTFY ;-)

Just finished The Sexy Brutale, as discussed briefly here. It’s really, really good, guys. Maybe not quite as good as Ghost Trick, but what is? Play this game!

Thanks for the reminder, that looks really interesting.

@Vesper, did you crack it? :-)

I’ve been playing the excellent Cosmic Express on my phone recently. It’s available on most platforms.

The aim is to build a track so that your little train can pick up all the aliens lazing around a space station and drop them all off at their habitats to allow you to exit and move on.

Like Induction and Snakebird, it’s non-linear so if you get stuck you can go struggle somewhere else and come back later. It’s a really simple design that gets fiendishly difficult without feeling daunting or unwieldy, with plenty of ‘aha!’ moments. A very impressive and surprising little game.
From the developers of A Good Snowman is Hard to Build, which I hear is also great.

I found a solution on the steam forums. Not sure I would have ever figured that out myself. Sheesh.

I’d love to know it but… I’m too stubborn. If I break, I’ll keep you posted!

Oh, I didn’t know that. I really liked that little game, although the… twist was a bit too much and discouraged me from finishing it properly.
More reasons for me to check out Cosmic Express someday.

@Vesper

Just stumbled across this on Steam. Been around for a few years but don’t recall seeing it before. It reminds me of Zero Age somewhat. At any rate it’s on deep sale, so I picked it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252550/Qbeh1_The_Atlas_Cube/

Is this the thread where we talk about how awesome the new Layton game is going to be? I’m so fired up!

There’s a new Layton game? News to me!

Oh! iOS too!

I did not know that! Win/win!

Millionaire’s Journey isn’t out on 3DS? It’s been out on iOS since July…

I don’t know, did they rename it for the 3DS release?

Sorry, Millionaire’s Conspiracy

OK, so this is funny - apparently this is the same game? If I search on this on Amazon, it pulls up the game I posted the box of above. Or else that’s a glitch, and there’s another Layton game out there I’ve never played. I’d be ok with that, actually.

Wow, apparently the Japanese 3DS version and smartphone versions released at the same time, with US, Europe, and Australia getting it in October. I had no idea.

Even funnier - I just now noticed the subtitle on the image I posted, Katrielle and the Millionaire’s Conspiracy. Little slow on the uptake sometimes.