The Real Dark Souls *spoiler* thread starts here

At SL 70 in the tomb of giants (what a great idea I got from this thread) it’s mostly just standing around, no souls, no invasions for the last 25 minutes. I hit the dried finger every now and then too.
(xbox 360)

I decided for the hell of it to attack the sun goddess last night and got to see Anor Londo in darkness. Dark Anor Londo definitely gets my vote for one of the creepiest environments I’ve seen this year.

I’ve also been going with strength build, focusing on axes and the changes to weapons and stats has helped a lot. Now I just need to get out of Anor Londo and do some grinding in the forest to start pumping up.

Also I can confirm that the hidden body spell is the perfect counter to the archer section in Anor Londo.

I’d love to see Anor Londo in the dark but I don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to killing what’s her face. I’m such a goody-goody I literally feel like hurting good guys is playing it wrong.

I’d love to see Anor Londo in the dark but I don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to killing what’s her face. I’m such a goody-goody I literally feel like hurting good guys is playing it wrong.

Even though this is a spoiler thread, I won’t spoil anything. I’ll just say that don’t assume that ANYONE in this game is worth saving. I’m also not endorsing randomly killing everyone to see what happens (as it can have serious effects on your game difficulty).

So since she has big tits and a whispy voice, she must be a good guy?

If it makes you feel better, it is heavily implied that she is only an illusion.

I do not understand. Is that not the definition of a good guy?

I also have decided to join the dragon cov, can you tell me where/when I can do that?

The only NPC I’ve actively attacked was Frampt. I thought he was another demon, so I filled him with arrows until he went away. After that happened I realized the fuck-up I made. I know almost nothing about the game’s main plot as a result. I’m actually looking forward to playing through my current game and actually getting some exposition.

I implied nothing of the sort.

Since this is the spoiler thread, no need for me to pussyfoot around - there’s no ‘implication’ about it. She’s an illusion created by Dark Sun Gwyndolin to hide his hideousness and manipulate people. Gwynn never had a daughter. And since Priness Gwynevere only exists as a manipulation, an illusion, it raises some difficult questions about the so-called ‘good’ ending, too - since she’s the one who puts you on that path, and she’s nothing but a lie.

Major spoilers -

Everyone who puts you on that path is corrupt. They are sacrificing you to prolong their age of fire. If you do not link the fire, then the age of fire ends and the age of man begins.

As to Gwynevere - there is a real Gwynevere, item tool-tips confirm that, but she left Anor Londo long ago. One thing that’s weird - if you kill Gwyndolin, but not ‘Gwynevere’ - nothing happens. Londo does not go dark, and the illusion doesn’t vanish (or change at all).

Huh. It never occurred to me that this would be the first game in a long time where I would want to not be spoiled (in retrospect). Well, so much for that [steps over Seath’s carcass to the next one].

I really wish I hadn’t fucked up my first playthrough so badly story-wise. This is all legitimately interesting lore, thanks. I think I’m going to avoid this thread until I finish the game again, try to parse out all the details my own self.

You really, really have to dig to get the story in this game, so honestly you probably wouldn’t have even noticed.

The story details are buried.

The “Evil” path ironically shreds more light on things so you’ll want to check that out at some point if you want to know what’s really going on. The good path is way more vague in comparison and harps on about a noble quest but it’s a smokescreen.

Knowing both sides it probably best to draw your own conclusions.

That said, Dark Anor Lando is worth seeing. Fire an arrow into the princesses ginormous breasts.

Lost Izalith can kiss my hollowed ass. I thought there was no possible, scientific, mathematical way for any other part of the game to rival the general-purpose awfulness of Blighttown. Wow, wrong.

I still have about eight of those dinosaur things to take out, and that’s after I must have killed 10 of the bitches. And it’s lava everywhere - what, am I supposed to not be bored by that or something? And from what I understand this area boasts the worst boss fight in the game, so I have that to look forward to…

Ugh. At least I’m apparently very close to finally finishing this game off.

Really, did From Soft farm out the creation of Lost Izalith and Blighttown to another team? No way could the folks who did the amazing work that went into Undead Burg, Sen’s Fortress and Anor Londo be responsible for this crap.

I think they ran out of time with that one.

Blighttown is tough to play, but I don’t think it’s bad game design. Once you learn the area, it’s actually trivial to get around. Lost Izalith is hard, but those giant guys don’t respawn, and you only need to kill 5 or 6 of them.

it takes 5 minutes to run through the shitty parts of both areas. You are doing it wrong.

Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature from the patch. Last night I was going through the painted world and I killed the bone dragon that supposedly unlocks the high road to the boss fight. However, when I attacked the remaining part of the dragon after killing it, it did not move no matter how many times I hit it and the shortcut would not open. It worked without a hitch before the new patch, so I’m not sure what is going on there.