The real Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoiler Thread is the friends we made along the way.

I really dug the character beats in this movie, almost entirely because I had an equally convoluted, deeply stupid, teenaged-brain-concocted plan to reveal my feelings to the Love Of My Life on a school field trip (albeit in middle school), and numerous elements of that plot were eerily 1:1 analogs to my own life.

Of course, I was a fat, pasty-white nerd who wore weird, ill-fitting clothes, listened to bizarre music, and liked to quote nerdy shit in lieu of having a unique personality, so unsurprisingly the extremely popular, pretty, sports-and-Jesus loving girl of my dreams was not as interested as MJ ends up being in FFH.

Alas!

Well, hey, at least you (apparently) gave it a shot. Which is more than I ever did with my high school crushes.

Honestly, getting over the hump like that, even with such an epic and multi-stage failure as I eventually experienced, pretty much broke the seal for me. I was a lot more open with people I was interested in going forward.

I mean, most of those didn’t go better (and several went worse). But I eventually got it figured out with the current not-legally-but-15-years-in-it’s-basically-close-enough Mrs Penblade.

Yes, I always refer to flirting as the skill you have to practice until you get good enough that you’re not allowed to do it anymore.

The short romance in that, it’s a repeat trope found in a number of shows actually.

It might come off as too corny and silly if you don’t see it… as often as you do in various sitcoms.