The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

That’s a good idea, actually. I like that more than VNFI, I think.

Edit: I also would rather go with the meta.

I am just summoning @Dave_Perkins

He’s in the turn order but apparently never got a notification…

Sorry all, that was weird. All links led back to my private messages with @Lantz. Somehow, one of them eventually brought me here, where I haven’t yet been.

Anyhow, what’s happening… (looks)

Team 1A Vote Results
@rho21 (leader)
@rowe33
@Snebmi

@rho21 - Yes
@scottagibson - No
@soondifferent - Yes
@CF_Kane - No
@CaseyRobinson - No
@Dave_Perkins - Yes
@Snebmi - No
@rowe33 - No

@scottagibson please propose Team 1B

Looks like the VNFI crowd won out after all.

@Lantz team 1b is @rho21 @rowe33 @scottagibson

I see no reason to change my vote, partly for VNFI and partly because this is Team 1A with Scott subbed in for me. Do I trust Scott more than I trust myself? No.

Edit: Not that I necessarily mistrust you, I just trust myself more.

Edit: Necessarily

Your justification is noted. I’m just following the 2 people behind me plus me scheme.

Yeah, of course. I felt like some sort of justification was warranted due to the fact that I was skeptical of VNFI to begin with.

Team 1B :
@scottagibson (leader)
@rowe33
@rho21

Accepting all votes.

Who’s holding us up, Lantz?

Someone, they have been notified. I don’t like to establish the idea of a meta-game where players might feel like they should hold up the game to make it seem like they are agonized or whatever. So people haven’t voted because they are thinking or they had to take a kid to the doctor or they are sorting tents or whatever but it isn’t part of the game meta.

Understood. Sorry, I didn’t think about that kind of metagaming. Subconscious metagaming is an interesting strategy, I know if I’m Tanner in ONUW I’ll sometimes shift around during the Werewolf phase. People shouldn’t be metagaming (I heard them move during the robber phase, they’re the robber) but taking advantage of that kind of stuff is a different level.

I’ll anticipate I’m going to make a lot of mistakes like this this game. I swear I’m not trying to metagame or cheat.

Taking a day or so to get all the votes in isn’t at all unusual.

Team 1B Vote Results
@scottagibson (leader)
@rowe33
@rho21

@rho21 - Yes
@scottagibson - No
@soondifferent - Yes
@CF_Kane - No
@CaseyRobinson - No
@Dave_Perkins - Yes
@Snebmi - No
@rowe33 - Yes

@soondifferent please propose 1C

Well, that was interesting.

So what made you vote no for your own team Scott?

How the heck do I know if those other two guys are good?

So the only change is that I went from No to Yes. Everyone else stayed exactly the same.

Joy, me too. You guys are stuck with what I pick, so if there’s any meta play here please chime in. Should I go with the two ahead of me? Kane gets to distribute cards, so maybe that’s putting too many eggs in one basket. 2 ahead and skip Kane? What is the rationale for picking backwards again?