The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

I think I started it. There wasn’t really any rationale behind it beyond getting people into the game who weren’t going to have a chance of leading for a while.

Well you don’t, but that’s true of everyone and perhaps it’s better to have a team with 2 people whose allegiance you don’t know than one with 3.

I guess the only information we have is that these teams haven’t been too popular so perhaps they’re good. It’s pretty tenuous though.

There’s a weak game-theory rationale for it. If you pick a 3-person team backwards, and the team succeeds, the next leader has a ready-made 3 for his 4-person team.

It’s better to have a lot of team votes to review later, after you know about successes and failures.

Not true. We must approve team 1D. I’d rather go to Team 1D myself, if only to see if anyone else changes their vote and to see if anyone (foolishly) deviates from the standard.

Edit: and to get leadership towards myself, of course.

Oh, right! I thought it was only 3 leader changes. Guess I should read the rules again.

Probably overthinking first turn, so let’s go with @soondifferent @CaseyRobinson @Dave_Perkins

@Lantz

And that is the kind of information that is useful.

I just realized that sound like an accusation. I didn’t mean it that way, I swear.

Edit: and I’m talking way too much.

For reference, it’s 5. So theoretically we could go to 1E, but the Chicago Proxy could give evil a win if we go that far.

Hey now, why did you skip me?

I think this is an interesting team composition, but I’m inclined to vote against.

Because you get to distribute cards next turn if this team gets approved, just trying to divvy up the power right now out of some misguided aim of first turn strategy.

Team 1C Is Nominated
@soondifferent (leader)
@CaseyRobinson
@Dave_Perkins

Get your votes in if you haven’t already.

Team 1C Vote Results
@soondifferent (leader)
@CaseyRobinson
@Dave_Perkins

@rho21 - No
@scottagibson - No
@soondifferent - Yes
@CF_Kane - No
@CaseyRobinson - No
@Dave_Perkins - Yes
@Snebmi - No
@rowe33 - No

@CF_Kane please propose 1D

Remember: we (except for soondifferent who I believe holds the Chicago Proxy card) must vote yes to Kane’s team.

@Lantz
I propose the following team 1D:
@scottagibson
@CF_Kane
@CaseyRobinson

Based on their votes and my gut, I think Scott and Casey are the most likely to be good in the set. I know I’m good, so that gives me the three.

All loyal players should vote yes. Evil players can go ahead and vote no, that would be very helpful thanks.

Voting yes

Team 1D Vote Results
@CF_Kane (leader)
@scottagibson
@CaseyRobinson

@rho21 - Yes
@scottagibson - Yes
@soondifferent - Yes
@CF_Kane - Yes
@CaseyRobinson - Yes
@Dave_Perkins - Yes
@Snebmi - Yes
@rowe33 - Yes

Mission 1 Will Proceed:
@CF_Kane
@scottagibson
@CaseyRobinson

Please send me your success/fail votes.

Whoops, just realized I put my vote here instead of PM. Actual mistake, not that it really matters.

Sure you did. ;)

@scottagibson I forgot to query you to use the spotlight.

Would you like to use your card for Mission 1?

Just as a general note, I always appreciate reminders from people about cards. Hate to have it go a day and then I notice in my notes that a card is outstanding.

A good point.

I won’t use it this time, thanks. Too early

@Lantz