The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 3 Game Thread

Ot tends to be Mordred and involved in reveals that out him. Just a pattern over the past few games.

It’s all psychological warfare by mission 5

Good game everyone! We got super lucky with the Mordred reveal and the card order was very favorable to good on the whole. Definitely a new experience to play Avalon with perfect knowledge. I was hoping for a double fail in team 3, but it probably worked better without (less Merlin-ly) and still gave cover to skip Lantz and Snebmi.

@Knightsaber @lantz @Snebmi

Wish I can say that we won knowing only 2 evils, but Knight did tell me all three in the beginning. So keep running those games!

Also, great tapestry Lantz, especially Jostly’s bird.

Thanks for running this knight!

OH YEAH I DID TELL YOU BECAUSE YOU SAID ‘HEY’ AND I WAS LIKE ‘OOPS’ AND YOU DID KNOW ALL 3. I DID NOT FLUB.

sleeps

I feel better about myself now.

Wow!

I can’t believe that actually… worked. Starting out as a loyal knight, and knowing that my timezone difference usually makes me read as being “silent” I thought I might as well try to act mysterious and try to appear as Merlin. The only reason that worked must’ve been because of the early EC for rowe, and being able to hang my theories on him at least being good.

However, I was still convinced that scott was evil up to, and including the last mission. I was genuinely surprised that mission passed.

Thanks for running the game @Knightsaber, the stabbing tapestry @Lantz and everyone for playing :)

Also happy to join another game if it’s coming.

Well, good job Jostly. I mean you’re dead, so I don’t know how happy you can be, but still!

I’m told that I’m not really dead as long as you find a way to remember me.

I’ve never done one before so forgive any mistakes…

You’re doing it right!

Thanks, jostly :)

I mean not like I’m the arbiter of how to do tapestries. :) I just liked it.

Well done @soondifferent!

I was sure at game end you guys were going to stab me. Still not sure how you decided on @jostly!

Good game all! Thanks to @Knightsaber for running it.

Weird is right. Everyone knew I was evil, so I thought if I proposed a Good team it might discredit it. It didn’t work.

I thought it was funny that evil twigged on @jostly’s tapestry suggesting that @Snebmi and @Lantz were both evil, and seized on it as evidence that he was Merlin, and no one seemed to have noticed that it was my post just before that which made the suggestion in the first place:

I really thought I was going to be stabbed for that, and for guessing right about teams 4 and 5, and for not voting for any of the other teams which all had evil on board.

I like playing but I am not much of a player. Every time a game starts, I think, “THIS is the game where I will write things down and be smart and helpful,” and then my office hours are filled and I have to get ready for the next class and etc. etc.

So although it makes me sad to say, I’d better be a reserve player, someone you can call on if you need a body to make ten.

The most annoying part about being Merlin for me is when you get stabbed for the wrong reason - doing something non-Merlin would do. It’s slightly less - but still annoying - when you don’t get stabbed for doing something super Merliny.

Yay, GG @Evil. I thought I had a better chance of eating the knife there at the end.

Game 4 signups?