The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

I have to admit that upon further review, I find it disturbing that Craig gave both the SL and the Spotlight card to Scott instead of spreading the risk.

You think?

Meh. The spotlight isn’t a very powerful card. You can really only use it when you have a clear suspect on a team, to force a pass or a reveal — which is why I would have preferred to hold it. But if I hold it and the mission fails, it’s useless.

@CF_Kane, @Lantz, and @CaseyRobinson, please PM me your success/fail votes (even if you are Resistance)!

@rho21, please vote in-thread. (Please make one post bolded just saying Success or Fail, and avoid saying things like “As I must” except for in subsequent posts.)

Success

As I must. :p
Don’t let the team down now, my fellow knights.

Right, so assuming that @rho21 is good (not certain, but you have to start somewhere) then @Otthegreat is evil.

@Otthegreat vetted @Thraeg as good, who vetted @Dave_Perkins as evil. So that whole chain is suspect.

I’m just worried that playing the spotlight card on Rho will end up giving one of his evil friends the cover to fail this mission without having to worry about the potential for a double fail. We’ll have to see what the results are.

I don’t think that it’s a good idea to give voting status in thread for mission votes. It leaks so much potential game theory information. Maybe we can discuss more after the game but I feel very strongly about it.

People who haven’t voted know and if you want to prod them a direct message is more effective.

Apologies, I didn’t think about it. PM is more effective (I’m a moderator, I can delete posts, right?)

This mission is a FAILURE.

Votes: Success, Fail, Fail, Success (In the Spotlight, rho21)

There are no Keeping a Close Eye on You cards right now.

@scottagibson: you are the leader of Team 4a (Two Failure votes required to fail this mission). Your cards are:

Opinion Maker
Keeping a Close Eye on You
Establish Confidence

Ah, two fails! And neither of them @rho21.

It will take me a bit to decide on how to handle the cards, etc. Have some facts to review!

Take as much time as you need. You may also trash Strong Leader if you would like, just say ‘I trash Strong Leader,’ but as Taking Responsibility is gone, I would assume you don’t want to.

Obviously you’ve got to EC with Rho. He’s 100% Good.

That double fail was invaluable.

100% Good:
Craig
Rho
Dave
Scott
Me!

100% Evil:
Thraeg
Ott

Leaving two evils among Casey, Kane, and Lantz. Most likely my Casey/Kane theory from above. But Thraeg could’ve tipped us off to both Evils in his message earlier.

Also, seeing an Opinion Maker card again, didn’t we figure out a way to get rid of them since they seemed so useful? Should look into that again if everyone wants to play again or if we swap moderators so Snebmi can play too.

If you have a better card we can switch out opinion makers. We haven’t used any yet.

I think we must’ve used it during our Qt3 Slack games as I can’t find mention of it in the forum. I’m sure someone from this group still has the details on it but the specific Resistance channel’s long gone. Don’t think we should swap it out in this game, just thinking of the future if anyone wants to keep playing.

I’d be happy to keep playing, also to give someone else a chance as moderator.

Also: I’m going on a plane for five or so hours, I’ll be able to check in if the plane WiFi is good, but not too often. Apologies if I hold up the game.