The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

Leaving off Dave plus those two benefits whatever team Dave is on, so of course he proposes it. Probably a great time to use that TR to get the eye out of @Thraeg’s hands… we caught a break there.

Before CF_Kane joined us I edited the rules to account for nine players. After he joined I tried to edit it back but may have missed something.

No buggy, that’s just why I said five/four. No biggy either!

Fixed.

I am sympathetic to Dave’s “why would I give all the cards to someone good if I was evil” point, but not that sympathetic. Beyond the fact that he is just constitutionally evil (sorry Dave!), it is worth noting that he gave all the cards to Thraeg, the new guy, which seems suspicious to me. Also, he could be Oberon, and not know any better.

But if I were Oberon, it would be pretty ballsy of me to not spread the cards around.

Ok, Dave is probably Evil so it’s nice to learn that without failing a mission.

Rowe’s being Rowe but the fact that he pitched some weird not-checking-Dave no chain approach first is interesting to me.

What is the rush to get cards out of Thraeg’s hands? He has one person vouching for him so that’s a solid one better than anyone else (two better than Dave).

I hate to give Thraeg even more cards but does anyone have a better recipient for the 2nd NC and the TR? He does seem to be currently wearing the Most Likely to Good button.

There are no cards Thraeg can take. The only cards in play are No Confidence and Keeping a Close Eye on You and Thraeg has both. Giving Take Responsibility to Thraeg is trashing the card.

Give them to me. I’m good.

I’m more in favor of that than the alternative of giving them all to Thraeg.

@rowe33 my honest suggestion: we know at least one evil was on team 1. It is likely that most, of not all, evils voted yes. I would give those cards to any person who voted No to team 1. Obviously I prefer myself, but far better you give to scott than to Thraeg I say.

@rowe33

Thraeg already has one NC so don’t give him another. I think he’s good but there’s no reason to double up the risk.

I would give Thraeg the TR first to burn it - anyone else you give it to will take the NC from him I’m sure. Then give the NC to one of the 4 no votes as Craig suggests.

I agree with Scott, no need to put all our eggs in one basket.

So you guys are going with yes, I’m evil and gave all of my first batch of cards to a player I knew was good.

Not at all. I’m all for you being good, it would make things so much simpler.

But the math says I can’t bank on that at this point. So for now, I must treat you as suspect, at least.

I’m all for proving yourself though!

That’s the reasonable position to take.

The alternative doesn’t make sense. If Thraeg is evil, he’d have claimed you were good. There’s no upside to the alternative, if what he wants is the same team named again.

Will start by giving the to Thraeg, effectively killing it.

No Confidence to CraigM.

@snebmi

I’ll name Team 2A as:

rowe33
Thraeg
Otthegreat
CraigM

While obviously all of us either don’t know or are pretending not to know if you are Evil with 100% certainty, we have little to work on so far other than that we have one success in the bag and you’re the most likely to be Evil person.

Now accepting all votes.