The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

I couldn’t find when this started, some folks speculated the 22nd but that’s a holiday, and so I just looked and sure enough, seems like it started at noon today (about an hour ago).

I’m thinking of getting (as prices normalize I may have to update this, looks like they are still being updated per @Granath)

Frost Punk 33% off - $20
For the King 50% off - $10
Overload 25% off - $22.49
Prey Mooncrash 50% off - $10
Banner Saga 3 30% off - $17.49

Even slower than usual in getting the prices updated.

And interestingly, some significantly lower prices and different discounts than we saw in October.

Jurassic Park thingy, notably.

Yeah, I noticed that while going through my wishlist. Well, it’s only been an hour, probably not worth trying to actually buy anything until tonight when things settle.

I miss the flash sales. :(

Yeah, there are some really good deals I’m seeing so far, some stuff on my wishlist is at 85% off.

Me too, actually.

This might be the first year I don’t buy anything. I know someone was looking at Civ VI. Can’t say I recommend it but the bundle is a pretty good price.

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Gold Edition - $39.97

I just noticed the sale page has a really nice background, I wish I could make a wallpaper of!

Also another year of the Steam Awards!

I wonder if half of the sale is null and void in Australia due to the change from USD to our local currency, haha. Last I checked, before the sale went live, at least a hundred or more games on Steam (some major ones at that) were currently not purchasable.

glad to see alot of the ‘normal’ sale prices have come lower…about freakin time…was getting tired of every ‘sale’ being the same price

I always believe the autumn sale is the best sale of the year…christmas sale is usually just the same prices or even higher than the autumn sale…imho

DOS 2 29.24
Xcom2 collection 35

these are 2 examples that have never been lower for example…and civ6 also

Yeah and sadly most of the games I would pick to nominate in each category aren’t even Steam games this year.

Check out Fanatical and use code BLACKFRIDAY10 to save around 6 bucks.

• Frost Punk - $18.08
  • For the King - $7.19
  • Prey : Mooncrash DLC - $8.63

3DMark is 85% off if you are into benchmarking.

Also don’t forget GMG and Humble Store have sales going on with respective vouchers / humble monthly 10% discount.

I saw Resident Evil 7 Gold edition is $25 over on GMG after the voucher.

What I usually do is add the games I want to my Steam cart then , double check prices at other stores.

General Rule of Thumb for big sales like this, don’t buy more than 10 games, you won’t get around to playing them all before they are back on sale again. :P

One very odd omission from this sale is House of the Dying Sun. It has been a part of every Steam sale and yet somehow is not included in this one. I have always hesitated to purchase it because the main story takes only about 3 hours but decided to buy it before my condition worsens and I can not play it at all. Of course, it is not for sale for some reason. Bugger me.

Maybe @BrianRubin knows why.

I see 66% off for House of the Dying Sun. Cost $6.79

edit: oops never mind. wrong game, yeah 66%

Oh snap! I had the “grid based dungeon crawling bundle” in my cart this morning, and it just dropped to half price. SOLD. I’ve been wanting to check out both Vaporum, and Starcrawlers. Thanks for posting about the sale.

Also see 66% off on that! Apparently I am getting the best deals!