The Strain

Holy crap you’re right! I need to text my son and tell him that he’s disowned.

OK, in the early scenes of last night’s show and Setrakian is in a bad way due to lack of the White. Can’t they just kill any old strig and craft some of the stuff from the worms like he used to?

EDIT having watched the whole thing: Well, good news and bad news, I suppose…

It was pretty awesome seeing Eichhorst finally bite it.

Yep I found it a satisfying ending for both of those characters. Also I figured the cousin was due to be vampire fodder, as was Eff’s lady from Philly, show didn’t disappoint.

Fett with cane sword? YES PLZ.
So is Zach gonna set off another nuke? :D
Only 2 episodes left!

OMG, what a little shit Zach is. He needs to die yesterday.

Agreed, there can be no redemption for Zach at this point. He needs to be vaporized in the nuclear explosion, and the audience needs to see it happen and hear his final scream…because we’ve earned it dammit.

Series finale next weekend…should be good. We’re down to a handful of characters, a single location, and an ultimate showdown. Not everyone will survive obviously. My money is on Fet and Dutch being the only survivors, everyone else is either expendable or a prime candidate for a glorious death sacrificing themselves to save the others or insure the Master gets vaporized.

Zach needs to have multiple levels of suffering before he dies. It’s the only good ending possible.

A few observations/reactions:

First, I was kinda bummed that the Master didn’t hear Setrakian’s name again before his demise, after they set up the expectation in the earlier scene. Second, it sucks that Eph dies infected and not just by anyone. Third, the nuke explosion was rather chintzy. And finally of course I find rather cheap the sudden utter lack of caution by the Master after the original plan to nuke him fails. He lets himself be goaded into an obvious trap. Please tell me that the books end in a more satisfying manner, from a plot perspective.
But on the plus side, you know who dies.

Finally got around to watching the series finale off my DVR. It was satisfying, if a bit contrived. My assumptions on who would live and who would die were proven mostly correct, and the Zach Situation was resolved in an acceptable manner. The jump forward in time for the brief epilogue was a good way to tie things up nicely.

Overall I enjoyed this series. Unlike some other apocalyptic dramas, The Strain spent a good amount of it’s time in the initial stages of the events, and I liked that. It made the later stages of the show far more impactful, and helped give the characters more depth. I am glad FX stuck with the series and saw it through to completion, and I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a good creepy apocalyptic horror/sci-fi show.

I enjoyed the history lesson as they headed down the elevator. Fet is so awesome. :D

Yeah it wrapped up the best it could, sadly I don’t think Zach suffered enough.

A friend pointed out that in the end the Lumen was totally useless. I agree… What do you guys think?

So what explains (if anything) the Master’s lack of caution suddenly? I mean, without having seen a mushroom cloud, why didn’t he stay away?

No paycheck next week. :D