The Strain

Yup, they certainly ended that season with a bang, so to speak. Don’t know how they’re going to top that in the final season.

Never has an annoying character’s even more annoying son screwed so many people over, just because he’s a badly brought spoiled little shit. At least one annoying character was taken out.

For some reason I got the impression this was the final season, so thought the thwarted ending was a quick happy one until the thwarting.

Man, they really started making Feyt unlikable this season. It’s gotten super annoying.

I don’t even know what to say about Ef jr at this point. That was all just really dumb. Is this what happens in the books?

PSA (?): The 4th and final season of The Strain began tonight. Haven’t watched it yet–watched Grantchester and still have to watch GoT, so I’ll save it for another night.

Did a back to back viewing of the first 2 episodes. Impressive how Zach is even more annoying than I recall, and Feyt cheating on Dutch, with my lady who died in season 2 of The Last Ship! D:

Overall things are bleak but you can see where the season is gonna go already. :)

Lets just hope the son dies, because its the only ending that matters.

I’m out, unfortunately. I get cable automagically through my current apartment but that did not include dvr service. I’m usually winding down for bed during it’s airtime these days.

lol, it’s funny you mention that. My wife and I really enjoy the show, but we both have a loathing of anything involving ‘the child’…our hopes were(much like Gotham) that real time has eroded his…annoyance.

So far, not the case.

I miss having the whole gang together, the 5-6 different small sub plots they have going on are alright, but they need to get back together and find Setrakian.

For a final season of the show, things are moving far too slowly. Obviously the only logical end result (at least from the good guys perspective) is to reunite the gang and nuke/kill The Master, thereby feeing humanity from enslavement. Offing Eichorst and The Kid will be welcome additions to such a goal. With only 6 episodes left to wrap things up, there is a lot of ground yet to cover.

I miss Setrakian. His back and forth with Fet, and Fet’s eventual admiration for him and sort of adoption of him as a substitute father-figure were one of the best things about the show. Splitting everyone up has taken away one of the more entertaining aspects of the characters.

Is it wrong of me to want the Kid be killed more than Eichorst or The Master?

Really hate Zach.

Not wrong at all. I don’t know if it was always the intent from the start, but last season and this season have obviously been written to elicit that exact response from viewers. NOBODY watching this is pulling for Zach to live happily ever after with Eff at this point.

I just hope the Master doesn’t take over Zach, as Zach’s eventual death will not be as satisfying then. :p

The young actor playing Zach is really nailing the part!

5 episodes remaining! Can’t wait to see what Eichorst looks like tonight, between the silver bomb damage from a few seasons ago, the missing hand, and most recently being set on fire.

Hope this week the gang gets back together, you can see them all moving toward that goal now.

Ah, we see that Zach continues to be his shitty self. And unfortunately I’m almost certain that a certain badass female resistance fighter is toast.

So Eichorst is apparently none the worse for wear despite being BBQ’d. Not only that, but he was able to teleport out to Montana (or wherever) from NYC…though to be fair, The Master’s human security forces probably have planes and helicopters available for use.

Zach needs to die yesterday. You could see the end result of his little relationship coming from the start, and it just makes him even more disgusting. I’m not sure if they’re trying to portray him as struggling with doubts or self-loathing, but all that’s coming across is that he is a complete shit who needs to be strapped to the nuke when they finally set it off.

Looking forward to the band getting back together in NYC.

It’s a shame that what’s her face didn’t get a headshot in since she was clearly using some kind of silver-laced anti-strigoi ammo.

Yeah there can be no redemption for Zach at this point.

I hope after its all over, Fet makes it back to Montana and finds Charlotte at that cabin she mentioned!

Closed captioning indicates his name is Zack not Zach. I love my son, Zach, and now despise the name Zack.

The Strain wiki disagree’s with your closed captioning!

So at this point we can assume that Dutch and Setrakian got away, right? Of course, without a reliable supply of the White who knows how long Setrakian will last. He’s gotta be at least 105 or so.