The Surge: sci-fi Lords of the Fallen

There is a room near his office, somewhere in the lobby area, it has recording studio equipment / green screen backdrop.

Oh the guy that hung himself? That wasn’t the CEO that was the director of PR I thought.

Oh maybe you are right. chin rubbing

(bump!)

I’m having a lot of fun with this game. I just read the whole thread and needed to chime in because nobody had addressed my most pressing concern. That goddamned song playing in all the Ops rooms!

Not a bad song the first dozen times I heard it but I spend a lot of time in Ops. Give me a couple more tracks on the radio! Or a way to turn it off! It’s driving me mad. I’ve resorted to mute whenever I’m in Ops. It’s an absolute tragedy.

I just killed the third boss and fell into R&D. Y’all have got me worried about BLACK CEREBUS.

Oh that song drove me nuts when i played it. Especially since i heard it a lot when i died.

Try to remember that, despite having played them for 40+ years, I am shit at video games.

But still fuck Black Cerebus.

Yeesh, you ain’t kidding. He’s nothing but a mean, old, rotten bully.

Git gud.

Despite loving the game Black Cerebus almost made me quit. Luckily I took a day off too cool down before I dropped it for good, and I’m glad I didn’t drop it.

I got pissed off about Black Cerebus yesterday so I did something I really hate to do: I looked up strategy tips. And, boy, I’m glad I did. I can’t imagine I would have figured out the One Weird Trick where you have to lead the mechs into blowing up the tanks to stop BC from healing.

Armed with knowledge, I tried a few more times and learned how to get the tanks blown up. Now I just need to git gud and patiently chip away at him for the win. It no longer feels impossible.

They really should have explained the tank thing through NPC chatter or something.

Oh yeah I had no idea about that until I looked it up too.

Black Cerebus DOWN!

I only managed to destroy one of the two tanks with the mech rockets so I thought I’d have to face another mech. Turned out one was enough cuz the mech bay door didn’t open… BC kept partially healing himself but I was verrry careful and I eventually wore him down to defeat. HURRAH!

HURRAH, again, for I have finished The Surge! HURRAH!

Fun shit. I’m looking forward to the sequel.

Carry on.

Do you guys dodge in this game? Or do you mostly block? Pressing A to dodge doesn’t seem to be all that effective sometimes. The character just kind of seems to warp instead of rolling away or something. It’s very aesthetically displeasing.

I was stuck on a boss fight last night, possibly the first in the game? A giant mech thing. I wish I could roll like in Souls games.

Depends on the frame you are wearing. IIRC, the penalty for heavier frame weight is much nastier in the Surge. It always seemed like the best solution was to have heavy chest (best armor ratio), and then use lighter arms and legs to keep that weight low.

I finally beat P.A.X. yesterday. I’m pretty proud of myself. It was not easy. There’s still no chest armour in the game. The interface is pretty confusing as to what I need in order to craft things, but I guess I’ll just keep playing and hopefully eventually get what I need to make chest armour. (And the rest of the armour).

Trying to return and finish this game after a 2 year hiatus is proving extremely challenging.

I should have kept trying the final boss back then, because now I am getting my ass kicked even worse.

YOU CAN DO IT, Lordkosc!!!

I apparently can do it! Killing the final boss’s 2nd form was just an issue of me being too aggressive.

3-23-2021 8-01-38 PM

Overall, its a decent game, I just wish I was better at the combat, thus making it less frustrating for me. Also this game needed a map.

Anyone play the 2nd game and enjoy it? I guess I gotta find that forum thread.

This is a good watch :

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

Congrats!

I thought the sequel was disappointing… they added directional parries which I didn’t want to deal with. But I didn’t give the game much of a chance. Maybe I should try again.