The Trump Administration and Syria

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/afghanistan-isis-moab-bomb/index.html

Washington (CNN)The US military has dropped an enormous bomb in Afghanistan, according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission.

A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb, nicknamed MOAB, was dropped at 7 p.m. local time Thursday, the sources said.

The MOAB is also known as the “mother of all bombs.” A MOAB is a 21,600-pound, GPS-guided munition that is America’s most powerful non-nuclear bomb.

The bomb was dropped by an MC-130 aircraft, operated by Air Force Special Operations Command, according to the military sources.

They said the target was ISIS tunnels and personnel in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province.

The military is currently assessing the damage. Gen. John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, signed off on the use of the bomb, according to the sources.

This is the first time a MOAB has been used in the battlefield, according to the US officials. This munition was developed during the Iraq War.

Well, at least we know there’s probably a really large hole somewhere now.

So. Trump got a massive endorphin hit when people pretended he was a real statesman when he blew stuff in in Syria, and now he escalated. What’s he going to do when this high fades?

…I’m going to drink my way through the weekend.

Waiting for Russia to drop the FOAB in Syria, now. Then Trump will feel compelled to use a tactical nuke, then …

I remember hearing about these, but never of it being used before. 1 mile blast radius!

Man spaceX totally stole the idea from them on those targetting fins. I hope they’re getting residuals from SpaceX.

I was going to use one of these things to get rid of some gophers. I got the idea from Caddyshack.

If you kill all the golfers, they’ll lock you up and throw away the key.

Sounds about right.

123 :) 456

See, this is exactly what we lose if they bring in likes. Do you really want to lose a forum tradition like this Tom, do you?

(Not even being sarcastic, I find this kind of thing amusing to me)

Mostly because it use is pretty limited. You’re effectively killing everything in the area and it can only be deployed by a transport plane. Ideally you’d want to use it on concentrations of troops, but then your delivery aircraft is probably going to get shot down because it’s just a freaking transport plane, not a bomber.

Using it against a cave complex is another theorized use since the shockwave would likely kill everyone in the system. But you could use a thermobaric weapon to do that and for a lot less money.

It’s a decent use of it, but there were cheaper options. Trump likely did it because it was basically turning the dial to 11. I’m fine with it’s usage though, because fuck those guys.

He’s not the sharpest crayon in the box, but he’s not THAT dumb … this is just saber-rattling.

I feel like maybe you mean a different president? Because ours is as dumb as they get and would totally attack North Korea. If he didn’t have that meeting with the Chinese president he might have already done it.

Ya know, I really wanted to visit Seoul sometime, and it’s going to be difficult if it’s a smoking pile of rubble.

Very much this. He’d totally start a war with North Korea.

If I lived in Seoul I’d be taking a vacation someplace southish real soon.

You have to work pretty hard to get Tucker to that point. I have to say though that after I saw a recent rumor/article about her and Jimmy Walker, all I think when I see a picture of her is her screaming out DYN-O-MITE!