The truth about the switch to digital?

If you use cable or sat. for tv? the truth is you wont even notice.

So I don’t need a new TV? The only thing I’ll notice are two $40 checks in the mail?

If you don’t use cable or sat? What other choices are there for TV? Does anyone use rooftop antenna anymore? I thought that went out of style in the 70s?

Yep, this only affects the rabbit ear folks.

…as for out of style, it is one of the only ways aside from hddvd/ bluray to get non-shitty hd video, provided your hdtv has a hd tuner. Roof top antennae are back.

Wow, that’s fucking wild. I have been hearing about this all along, but not really able to understand.

I still remember being a teen and getting cable. Before cable, it was like the TV had been smeared with Vasaline only we didn’t know it. All channels were suddenly clear. The only TV thing more significant than getting cable was getting COLOR tv when I was just a little kid. Our whole family gathered around the TV to watch STUPID shows (READ: Disney), just because it was color.

It’s hard to imagine going back to the old days of tunning each station. And you’re saying the end result is a superior picture? Yeow!

Yes, w/ digital, GENERALLY speaking, you either have a perfect picture, or NO picture. No fuzz, no compression (I think?) and generally perfecto HD, so long as the channel is in HD, which means netowkrs and PBS and not much else, your locals stations may or may not go HD, but they must go D.

In los angeles, our locals are mostly all HD now, even the traffic / car chase helicopter cams.

I will soon move to a much smaller town and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be SD Digital.

That’s how I watch tv, when I do, which is very rare. If I want to watch a show, I usually use my computer.

I don’t even have rabbit ears, I just download everyth^H^H^H^H^H^H^H I mean I watch it at a friend’s.

Funny story: I’m from Canada and I’m more in the know about US tech stuff! LOLZER!

Jesus Christ man, what do you do with the Mountain Dew while masturbating?