The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live (2024)

Yes they are still making spinoffs of the original show 14 years later.

Oooh, they got Pollyanna “The Woman” McIntosh back? What am I saying, of course they did. I’m sure she was delighted to chill out in Atlanta for a couple of months collecting a hefty paycheck. Not that I remember anything about her character. Wasn’t she like the leader of a bunch of Trash Amazons or something? And didn’t she mysteriously abscond in a random helicopter with Rick’s dead (?) body or something? I guess that’s why she’s back? And did we ever find out who she was or what she wanted? And why am I asking these questions as if I really cared?

I think it’s hilarious that they’re painting The Ones Who Live as the story of some burning connection between Michonne and Rick, fighting their way back to each other. Andrew Lincoln had zero chemistry with Gurira. It was such a painfully contrived “well, they’re fan favs so they gotta hook up!” situation and now it’s supposedly driving an entire spin-off? You keep doing you, Walking Dead.

Someone in the thread better watch and spoil this just so I don’t end up idly hate-watching it!

How does one watch this? Do you have to subscribe to cable?

Exactly.

Apparently it premiered tonight on AMC (Cable). But hey, it should also be on the streaming service AMC+, which has a 7 day free trial:

https://www.amcplus.com/

So I might actually hit up that free trial and get one month to binge all 6 episodes once the season is over.

Looking at their page, woah, I had no idea the Walking Dead universe was already so many shows.

Oh hey, and you get more than AMC on this thing:

I’m not a horror fan, but there’s got to be some good stuff on Shudder, and Probably on Sundance and IFC.