The Wandering Earth II - Your cure for boring holiday movies!

Holy cow, this movie is straight-up bonkers, in the best ways. Nearly three hours of the craziest shit happening, filled to the brim with amazing special effects and the worst dialog you could imagine.

Well worth the time. It’s on Amazon Prime (and probably other services).

It’s a prequel to The Wandering Earth, but you don’t need to know anything about the first movie to enjoy this. Take an edible and settle in, you won’t regret it.

Hey nice, this is also on Peacock in the U.S. currently, so I can check it out too, without any new subscriptions.

The Jupiter gravitational pull crisis? WTF

Does one need to see the first movie ?

According to Menzo in the OP, no!

The first movie sounds pretty amazing also.

As the sun is dying out, people all around the world build giant planet thrusters to move Earth out of its orbit and sail Earth to a new star system. Yet the 2500-year journey comes with unexpected dangers, and in order to save humanity, a group of young people in this age of a wandering Earth fight hard for the survival of humankind.

Wait, so The Wandering Earth II is the prequel to The Wandering Earth?

My mind is already blown.

Less typing and more watching!

Based on the trailer’s voice over narration, I can believe that.

The original was not good.

Yeah, I didn’t find the original dumb fun enough to really want to watch this one.

I watched the space elevator stuff so far. It reminds me of Michael Bay on steroids. I don’t think there’s a single shot more than 3 seconds long before they cut to a new one. It’s given me a headache so I’ll try to watch the rest another day. This one might take me a while to get through.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a film capable of carrying out a sociological and philosophical reflection on an epic subject.

Mini Militia App Lock

Maybe stop watching Chinese blockbusters then.