Anyone have experience with these new dryers with flow rate sensors?
Apparently people are burning their houses down with their dryers, because this new LG dryer i have simply will not function unless its vent is completely disconnected from the wall. I've tried shorter hoses, longer hoses, i've tried adding a trap to the end of the hose, i've disconnected the hose from the wall and tried all the variables i can think of, it simply refuses to work correctly. The sensor either shortens the time automatically (to be like 5 minutes) or it detects a clog (ie, "flow sensor") and cuts off. The only thing that makes it work correctly is to just have it vent everything into the room with no hose connected, covering everything in lint. There's basically no way to "force" it to work, it either detects the environment it's looking for or it doesn't.
The problem probably stems originally from the fact that this is a condominium style home and the dryer vent is angled vertically through the attic and out the roof. It simply refuses to work with that alignment... but it also refuses to work venting into the room with a hose equipped with a lint catch. Only dumping the humid air and lint directly into the room seems to make it work.