The Washington Post deserves your support

Who needs newspapers when we have TikTok?

Elon tells me what I need to know.

Men don’t “read”. Red. Reed?

haha lolwut??

My special rate to keep subscribed was USD$100!

Er, no thanks. I guess Democracy will die in overpriced subscriptions…

I have to ask; what’s in the “premium” sub?

Yeah I have the basic digital one which is $120.

When I canceled and said price was the reason. They said how about $4 a month for the next 3 months, I said sure. I put on my calendar to cancel by the end of Jan 2023.

If I’m forced I’ll pay $8, but generally I’ve found if you are willing to live without a service for a month you can generally get a new promo rate for a year.

Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. I also subscribed for a low intro rate back in 2018/19, think I renewed for another sweetheart deal, then it went to USD$150. I never actively changed to a ‘premium’ version.

My price through Amazon as a Canadian was $19 for the year. I’d better check that that’s still the case.

For me (EU) it is.
grafik

That’s me as well for the Netherlands.

Just keep buying Kindle Fire tablets and you’ll get free subscriptions! (not really)

WaPo is having a cyber Monday deal going on - works out to be about 13 bucks for the next year.

https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/checkout/payment/?pricingStrategyId=695&s_dt=monthly

Nice! Thanks.

I logged in to cancel my month-to-month sub, and use a different email for this offer, but when I attempted to cancel, they offered the 99-cent rate for a year. Cool beans. Thanks!

Thanks! My annual sub was coming up for renewal next month, and they offered me a nice discount when I went to cancel it.

Woah! When I tried to cancel last week, they offered me a $30/year subscription. I took it. It’s much better than a $120/year subscription, but not 13 bucks or 1 buck better. Great find!

At least I can smugly say that I’m helping feed the families of WaPo journos better than you are.

It turns out I had already cancelled, so I can renew, but trying to get the offer doesn’t work for me, I’m guessing because my current sub doesn’t run out until April 1st.

I have my Amazon prime sub that is 3.99$ a month, and I am sticking with that.

Yeah I had similar experience. But the $40 / year offer I got was MUCH better than the claimed upcoming $120, so I took it.

Basically you HAVE to remember to set a calendar event to cancel before the yearly renewal automatically does its thing.