The way games display on Mac vs. PC

BTW, for future reference, check the WSGFWiki to see if there’s a way to enable widescreen resolutions for a game which doesn’t natively support them. E.g., for BF2 & BF2142, you can add command-line options. For Fallout 1 & 2, there are hi-res patches.

I’ve not messed around with XP for a couple of years now, so can’t comment on the driver versions, and how they might have affected scaling. I do know that every Nvidia Vista driver (32 and 64-bit) have supported both native panel scaling and scaling with the GPU.

I think it’s time to use Driver Cleaner and nuke every old driver entry and start over.

Well this works perfectly for me. Thanks, guys.

FWIW, I’ve been running Vista (and now Windows 7) on all the systems I referenced in my previous post too, maybe this lack-of-scaling-issue is more likely to hit people running XP.

The seemingly random nature of those affected vs. those unaffected makes it even more difficult to track down what the cause might be. I might try a complete wipe of drivers and re-install. The issue doesn’t come up too often since I don’t run a lot of games that require scaling anyway, but it’d be nice to have the choice back.

I’m checking out the WSGF wiki now. Thanks for that link, unbongwah.