The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Aww, to me the English-language guy in Witcher 3 is still the “real” Geralt.

Heck yeah, Doug Cockle! I can’t imagine anyone else doing The Witcher in a videogame. It would be like Splinter Cell putting someone else behind Sam Fisher’s goggles, totally unimaginable.

Okay maybe that’s fair. Cavill just did a great job channeling that character, I thought.

Agreed. His presence has kept my interest through some rough spots so far.

I laughed out loud when he was once faced with combat and just said “Fuck.”

Because that’s how I always feel about combat in the Witcher games. :-)

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but the annoying thing about the way the GOG version does the spoken language options is that it not only changes the spoken language, but the whole game interface to that language*, unlike the way it worked in The Witcher EE (which I played on Steam).

Also for some bizarre reason, it doesn’t seem to store that stuff locally (again, in contrast to how it was in TWEE) so every time you decide to go to a different spoken language, it has to download it all over again, which is STOOPID (at least when launching it through GOG Galaxy). Maybe there’s a way to snag that stuff out of the game’s audio folder and store it elsewhere locally and do the swap outside the game.

If anyone has figured out how to do this so it works in a less annoying way, please enlighten me and other readers.

*which works kinda sorta OK for me if I switch it to German, but for Polish not so much.

Link has spoilers for 1 & 2, but not 3.

Or you can just follow a bunch of dotted lines.

I guessed I’m the odd man out who appreciated the location markers. In general I don’t, but there was so much to do in the Witcher that I don’t think I would have spent any time exploring without the added incentive of knowing there was something out there.

Hell, if it wasn’t for all the UI help I’d have given up ages ago. There’s just too much going on and I’ve taken too many breaks in between playing the game.

Good grief, yes. This was a major reason I bounced off the game. (The others being I don’t like the combat, and the game is overall a little boring/repetitive.) If I install it again I am turning them off.

The Witcher 3 on the Switch is the Complete Edition, which includes both story expansions and “every piece of downloadable content released for the game.” As of the 3.6 update, it will also be compatible with existing saves from Steam and GOG, “allowing gamers to continue their PC adventure on the go, as well as [with] HUD, menu and Gwent touch control support.”

First Divinity Original Sin 2 (DRM Free) and now Witcher 3 (DRM Free) offer multiplatform savegames… It is as if the good guys are good.

Has anyone played this on the Switch in handheld mode? Thought about getting it but the pics and vids I’ve seen make it look really washed out, lacking definition and I imagine it suffers from frame rate issues to even run on the Switch.

Loved the Witcher series on Netflix, can’t wait for Season 2. I tried to capture a scene that just looked like a screen grab from the game"

Roach looks kind of anemic in that shot. Couldn’t they have gotten a tougher looking horse?

I noticed that there is an option to auto level enemies in the settings, does anybody have this switched on?

I did, but it breaks several Hunts by making the enemy incredibly more powerful than intended, just an FYI. I left it on most of the game, and turned it off when facing an enemy that seemed broken (this included some main campaign encounters, too).

I seem to recall the Rats become invincible killing machines with it turned on, too ;)