The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Ahem. If I were you I’d just use the pre-made characters to play the DLC. You’ll miss the Ciri storyline in the original game (the rest of the mid game is good but skippable) but 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

Hey cool. Pre-made character that starts at level 32. That actually sounds pretty good. What’s this about missing the Ciri storyline? Are you saying there’s something in the expansions that I’ll miss? Or just that I won’t be playing through the original story again?

Just the original storyline. If you already beat the game then you’re good to go.

Nice! Just one more question. I heard that one or both expansions kind of deal with the aftermath of what happens in the main game. So maybe the ending I personally got would be relevant. When you choose the pre-made level 32 character, do they let you pick what ending you got, or tell you what ending they’re choosing for you?

I don’t think anyone knows the answer since nobody used the premade yet.
Only Blood and Wine has a connection to ending of the main game though, and even then it is just something small (but fantastic) after the ending.

Btw browsing steam reviews of the topsellers, it is nice to see TW3 has 97% positive reviews, with 99% recent, and both expansions have 98% with 99% recent. And the expansion pass itself is the highest rated product on Steam.

I’m finally coming to the end of TW3 (minus DLC) and I feel like I’ve run a marathon. I’m not interested in completing all of the quests and uncovering all of the ?s, but I’d feel bad if there were particularly great quests that I missed somehow. Are there any must-play questlines? I’ve done all the Bloody Baron stuff, all of Yennefer’s quests, all of Triss’s quests, and am working through Dandelion’s cabaret storyline, but there are so many other incomplete quests.

Also, how long is the DLC? Am I looking at another 60 hours if I dip back in for them?

If you want to just beeline it through the main quest, the DLCs combined are about 25 hours. If you want to do all they offer, they can be about 60-70 hours.
And yes, pretty much every sidequest in TW3 is interesting and enjoyable. At least it was for me. Hence spending 550 hours on it across two playthroughs and not regretting a single second.

Impressive. Seriously impressive.

I don’t know if it is “impressive” to spend so much time in front of a plasma lying or sitting on a couch…

But I sure loved doing it :)
But yeah it is impressive the game stays high quality and enjoyable for such long time. Can’t recall any singleplayer game I enjoyed this much for this long.

Well for what it’s worth, I have 464 hours of time on Skyrim, which doesn’t even count the hours from my console version as well, and I have yet to fire up the Special Edition release that I’ll be playing through soon.

At 550 hours though, you’ve played through with different builds most likely and enjoyed the game in a huge way.

I have 180 hours on Skyrim, single playthrough. Great game, although I feel like I exhausted that game thoroughly and never felt the need to go back.

I honestly feel like I probably put in 100 hours just “hunting” with a bow in Skyrim. I get lost and wander a lot.

Heads-up: everyone who has Witcher 3 + all expansions on GOG will receive the GotY edition for free in the next few days, automatically.

I didn’t know there was a difference between those on the PC. On the consoles I know it’s a separate product with separate achievements, but what makes it different on the PC?

On GOG, it’s a different product with different installers. After installed, it’s essentially the same thing, AFAIK.

Yeah it is the same thing, basically this is for people who bitched at GOG (to the degree of giving TW3 1 star reviews) for giving GOTY all-in-one installer edition to new buyers, while original buyers have the version with separate installers.

The internet sometimes…

See Paul_cze’s post, right above yours. Basically it’s the same thing, but done as an all-in-one install.

Yeah sorry, I posted then noticed. Ooops.

So I didn’t notice it when it happened what with all the election stuff in the States going on, but apparently on November 7 Damien Monnier–one of the senior designers on Witcher 3, and the main designer on Gwent–left the company.

Tough to tell what happened but either he asked for a raise that was too much, or he was getting squeezed out of both the Gwent team and the Cyberpunk 2077 teams that he was listed as being part of. It seems like one of those departures that looks amicable but kind of…isn’t.

At any rate, he just tweeted that he’s joined Techland to work on a new IP.

I’ve got The Witcher 3 installed, patched and ready to go. Are there any recommended options or usability mods I should use for my first time?