The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Add me to the “why are you making me play a card game in my RPG” at the start, “Oh, why did I miss those Gwent cards at the beginning?” by the end of the game camp. Once I learned the strategy, I loved it.

Doing a second Witcher 3 “completionist” playthrough now and want to get all the Gwent cards this time.

Yes they are worth playing. Great story and atmosphere, graphically they hold up well apart from some animation.

They had a slide showing the platform breakdows by year. Just eyeballing the graphs, it’s a bit under 40% on PC so far. See e.g. the last image in this article:

Also impressive, particularly considering that PC sold more digital and they thus CDP gets bigger share. I would like to see revenue breakdown per platform.

I’m enjoying the Witcher 3. The voice acting is good, and the story is engaging. The world is huge and open – very appealing.

I also own Witcher 1, but I can’t get it to recognize any input from AutoHotKeys. (I need to remap mouse clicks to keypresses to protect my aging hands.) I’m running AHK as administrator under Win 7. I’ve tried a couple of scripts; no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? I’ve posted the issue on the AHK forum already – no replies.

Do you have a process name set in the script? If not, try first if AHK is recognized in other games to eliminate the error on that end.

I really want to play this game to the end, I’ve tried 3 times but I didn’t go past ~lvl10 because of the atrocious combat. Is there a mod that improves it in significantly?

Just turn the combat down to easy and enjoy the story, at this point. :)

Maybe here.

@Bateau - Thank you so much for responding! No one has replied to me on the AHK forums, so it’s nice that someone here took the time.

Anyway, I don’t have a process name set; I just use the default, so it shows up in Task Manager as “AutoHotKey Unicode 64 bit.” The script is recognized in all my games except the Witcher 1. Do you think changing the process name might help Witcher 1 respond to it?

I’m also thinking of adding a line making the script active only when the Witcher 1 window is open, like this:

#IfWinActive, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
^m::Suspend
w::up
(etc)

Just haven’t had time to try yet, and now I’m sleepy. Maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, if you have any further thoughts, please feel free to weigh in. Thanks again.

I don’t think setting a process name matters in this case, but you can try. The only other thing I can think of is running the game in borderless mode - I know that some popup/draw functions of AHK refuse to work in fullscreen but simple key remapping shouldn’t be affected by this - still, if you have any rogue lines in your script that need borderless it will prevent the script from executing afaik. Other than that, I found some references to running Witcher 1 in administrator mode, it’s worth a shot.

Thanks. I’ll try those suggestions tonight. Again, I appreciate your taking the time to think about it!

Don’t think this was mentioned; the video for the sometime-soon-to-be released Geralt and Jennefer’s marriage mod is out (based in Witcher 3 timeline but on Witcher 2 )

Would reading about that or watching the video spoil anything in Blood and Wine (which I haven’t finished)? I guess I’d sorta been aware that there were mods for the Witcher 3, but I didn’t realize there were any ambitious narrative ones. I’m curious how they handle voices.

Not at all, no spoilers.

Happy 3rd Birthday Witcher 3!

This game.

I finished up Blood and Wine last weekend, and I’m struck by how much this gaming experience has affected me. I find myself missing the people and longing to go back into the world. I know that everyone talks about the story, but to me it’s beyond just story telling or narrative. It’s the way the world feels full and alive, through the depths of the characters and the lay of the land. And it’s not a land I could describe as ‘somewhere I want to live’, but it’s absolutely somewhere I want to go back to.

I have so much to say about the game, but three years on I know it’s mainly been said, so I won’t drone on about it here. I do feel obligated to mention that this game has pushed me to start reading the books. I’m in the middle of the Last Wish (at the edge of the world, specifically) and I expect to continue through all the short stories, at minimum. As books are so often the catalyst to pursue supporting material, I can’t think of a better compliment than to point out the reverse is happening here.

Okay, one thing on the game itself: Hearts of Stone. As much as I enjoyed Blood and Wine, it is HoS that remains top of mind. At worst I found it on par with the Bloody Baron story, if not the best side story in the game. I wonder if there’s a place inside the main plot where it makes sense to stop for HoS, or if it really only fits after the end. Maybe during Brothers in Arms or after the big fight at Kaer Morhen? I guess I’ll try that on my replay.

Speaking of which, I never do replays. But I’m going to do one with Witcher 3. I have to get back there. I promised myself to give it a bit of time and wait until I had a better tv (my current one is a 8+ year old plasma). Next year sometime is what I told myself.

Then I ordered a tv last night. It gets here Wednesday. This game!

This game indeed! But since you already started the books, make sure to finish all 8 of them (in correct order) before you do a replay. I guarantee you you will enjoy your second time around even more than the first if you do that.

I picked up the game again yesterday too, I’m determined to power through to the point where some aspect grabs me and won’t let go. I know it’s in there, I just have to find it.

Don’t punish yourself :/

(But turn off the question marks.)