The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

There are 4 really tough fights in HoS. I would put the Toad at either the 2nd hardest or 3rd hardest, depending on whether you figure out the tropes of one of the other fights.

There are also several tough fights in B&W, but I say that while playing on blood & broken bones difficulty. I don’t remember it being so tough on the normal setting.

The toad for me was just a bunch of IGNI(paying attention not to ignite gas clouds too close) and endless dodging. He has a clear pattern like most bosses. Only occasionally swiped with a sword. Not exciting just very methodical.

I got back into Blood and Wine again and fought the big bad. Was able to get through his first form fine, but I couldn’t make any progress in his second form for awhile. Tried everything to neutralize the bats since I wasn’t able to dodge them and didn’t think it was even possible to. Once I found out that I could in fact dodge the bats, it was still damn hard, but I was able to take him down. I did get 2-shotted when he was in the 3rd form once. Neighbors were probably awoken at 3:30AM by a loud expletive.

I remember that toad being a total pain in the ass too. Loved the Hearts of Stone expansion, definitely my favorite part of the game. In the main game and Blood and Wine I had more of a tendency to get side-tracked on other quests and lose the plot a bit, but HoS kept me engaged the whole time.

To always avoid Detlaff bats you gotta run sideways, not dodge or roll.

Curious what people chose with the researching Witcher mutations after finding the research lab in Blood and Wine. They look powerful but are big investments with 2 ability points just get first one. All three look good.

It’s a big investment, so I did the toxic blood one just to get an extra slot. I’m not sure I’m going to have enough ability points to open any more before I finish the game.

Happy 4th birthday Witcher 3. Still my favorite game of this decade.

I still have the dlc Blood and Wine to play!

You’ll love it. It’s what Odyssey wanted to be :)

Plenty of rumours around about a Switch version at E3…

ICYMI

Hey if Ark can be ported to the Switch then anything’s possible! …shudder… ;)

There was also this cheeky comment from Geralt himself the other day, though I’m not sure he’d be in the know unless more dialogue was recorded for it.

Yep!

That kind of makes sense:)

Yeah but how are they going to port those /visually stunning/ graphics?? Hopefully panic button are doing the work.

Ninja addendum : nope. It’s Saber Interactive. https://mobile.twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1138487236863909888

Ninja edit #2 : Saber’s catalog reviews thinly and very poorly, so best not get our hopes high.
https://www.metacritic.com/g00/company/saber-interactive

Diego

The video answers my long-running question “What would Witcher 3 have looked like on the Xbox 360/PS3?”

Still, a portable way to replay it could be fun. And it’ll be a total treat for those Switch users who didn’t play it on another platform.

I feel like this masterpiece did not deserve this (“look at how they massacred my boy”) but at the same time I am impressed they got it to run.

As an antidote, PC players should remember to install the texture mod:

Also many positive things said regarding this mod for in game lighting:

Once I get my new system, I might have to reinstall the game and try some of these mods.

Why deny the materpiece to Switch players just because it doesn’t look or run as great?